Author Topic: No room for you...  (Read 7838 times)

Offline MacGuy

• Veteran Member
  • Love MacOS9Lives
No room for you...
« on: April 15, 2014, 06:37:52 AM »
I wanted to install Digital Performer 3 ( http://macos9lives.com/smforum/index.php?topic=847.0 ) to my dedicated OS 9 hard drive that has a capacity of 111 GB.

Vell vhat a surprise when the  install message says: " the selected disk " MR MAGOO'S OS 9 DISK  " does not have enough free space.  Please select another disk. "

What the...?

How do i solve this one please ?
LC520(my first iMac @ 25 MHz ), 8500/SonnetG4, Performa6360, QuickSilver PowerPC G4 ( 933MHz ), iMac PowerPC G3 500 MHz ,iMac @ 3.06 GHz, AND a plethora of midi/audio/recording gear and software and oh! let's not forget all those acoustical music instruments

Offline DieHard

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum Member
Re: No room for you...
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2014, 09:57:27 AM »

When trying to install Digital Performer, an error message may appear saying that there is not enough room on your hard drive to install the program.

The reason that this is happening is because there is a bug in the VISE installer program that DP uses. If the program sees anything over 60Gb of hard drive space, it creates a negative number in the available space indicator in the installer window.

The way around this is by doing a Custom Install and selecting everything but the “Freemidi” option. Run the installer and then run it again but this time only having the “Freemidi” option selected.

Offline MacGuy

• Veteran Member
  • Love MacOS9Lives
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2014, 10:10:12 AM »
Thank you so much: will try it when i get back into the basesment today.

MOTU MOTU MOTU. I have never had so much trouble with installing and using their programmes. On occasion i have run into problems with Digital Performer not accepting ownership: it would install, authorize fine and then refuse to open or create/save a file. It took some poking around but finally got that issue resolved.
LC520(my first iMac @ 25 MHz ), 8500/SonnetG4, Performa6360, QuickSilver PowerPC G4 ( 933MHz ), iMac PowerPC G3 500 MHz ,iMac @ 3.06 GHz, AND a plethora of midi/audio/recording gear and software and oh! let's not forget all those acoustical music instruments

supernova777

« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2014, 07:28:23 AM »
yea this error only shows up if u try to install dp3 after installing oms already its some sort of mathematical error in the installer on them trying to calculate the required space to install oms..
another way to "solve" is to completely remove the preinstalled oms and try again i think!!
correct me if im wrng!

Offline coachla

• Veteran Member
« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2014, 11:14:51 PM »
I wonder my I never saw this issue occur. At any rate, if you know what's supposed to be where, just install elsewhere and drag copy what and to where you need. Just one of the zillions of benefits of using OS9.