Welcome Board (Our Community, News, Mac OS Installation Help, Marketplace) > Community Marketplace

Wanted: 10-Node Digidesign TDM ribbon cable

<< < (2/8) > >>

Protools5LEGuy:

--- Quote from: Knezzen on March 19, 2014, 02:03:11 PM ---Cable no longer needed. I built my own from some old PATA cables and the connectors from two 5-node cables.

--- End quote ---
You are a bold one.

Knezzen:

--- Quote from: Protools5LEGuy on March 19, 2014, 06:23:17 PM ---You are a bold one.

--- End quote ---

Not really. I don't gamble, so I tripple-checked everything before I tried it out. And it works! At least all the cards are visible and they pass digitest.
Got too late last night, so I didn't want to continue and test out Pro Tools. Might do that tonight, though.

I can probably make cables for anyone who was in the same situation as me. Just speak up ;)

Syntho:
I make all of my own cables so if the situation where I'd need more than a 5-node arises, I'd build my own.

Are the cables using just standard IDE cable stock? I've never done an IDE-type cable, but from what I remember you have to use the connector to clamp down on the cable with a vise.

Knezzen:

--- Quote from: Syntho on March 20, 2014, 12:29:27 AM ---I make all of my own cables so if the situation where I'd need more than a 5-node arises, I'd build my own.

Are the cables using just standard IDE cable stock? I've never done an IDE-type cable, but from what I remember you have to use the connector to clamp down on the cable with a vise.

--- End quote ---

Yep!, the kind with really small cables, not the older 40-cable ribbon cable. I think the newer ones have 80 cables.
The MDD has these type of PATA cables stock for instance.
Count the cables and rip of a part of the ribbon cable so you just have 60 wires instead of 80.

Then just clamp the digidesign connectors to it, tripple check everything as you move along and you should be good to go.

acelera:
Hi,

Newbie board member here that's finally been lured into going all the way back to OS9 and a loud-as-**** MDD Dual 1.2Ghz, a PCI Digidesign chassis, some Mix Farms and a (broken :( ) Mix Core, a couple of 888/24s, Logic 6.x on my almost forgotten xsKey - I REALLY don't get on with Logic 9 or X,v very well)...

My 5 node cable has seen better days - I got the above as a package and it was a fairly OK deal apart from the Core packing up - and I would really love a 10 node cable as I have 3 farms, a Samplecell II TDM and I am looking for 1-2 more Mix Farms and obviously a Mix Core.

If your offer is still up, I'd love a cable but would also oblige to reimburse for the trouble involved + postage.

it's very exciting going back 10 years in time to an era where the technology did not get in the way :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version