Author Topic: Digidesign hardware!  (Read 6078 times)

Offline Knezzen

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
  • Pro Tools Addict!
    • Macintosh Garden
Digidesign hardware!
« on: March 17, 2014, 08:43:28 AM »
Have updated some stuff in the studio and are getting rid of some stuff that I don't need anymore.

The stuff for sale:

*Digidesign 888 Interface
The 16bit version. Works great and is without any scratches or marks on the box. No strange noise from any in or outputs.

*Digidesign MIX I/O PCI Card
This is basicly a MIX Farm without any DSPs. Good if you just want to connect two more interfaces to your rig.

*Digidesign Pro Control main unit
The mother of all DAW controllers. Works great but is a bit beat up. Bought it as a spare, but I got my main Pro Control fixed without having to take stuff from this one.

*Magma PCI-chassis, Rack
Gives you 7 PCI slots in one 4U rack case. This unit is not tested and sold as is.

Everything is tested and working (except the Magma Chassis) with Pro Tools 5.1.3cs11 on my MDD G4.
Price is best offer :)
Pro Tools addict and admin at Macintosh Garden, Mac OS 9 Lives! and System 7 Today

Offline Syntho

• Platinum Member
Re: Digidesign hardware!
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2014, 02:08:39 AM »
I'm in need of three 888|24 interfaces, and I was eventually going to pick up an external chassis and a Pro Control. I've already spent everything I had on getting my smaller system up and running. If I had the cash on hand I'd for sure take the chassis and Pro control from you.

Maybe in a little while if you've still got them we'll talk.

Offline Knezzen

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
  • Pro Tools Addict!
    • Macintosh Garden
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2014, 02:15:44 AM »
Im not in a hurry to get rid of them. Im in no need of quick cash at the moment.
They are just taking up space and are unused.

I'll post if they get sold, but I'll keep you in mind for the Pro Control :).

I don't have any 888/24 for sale. Im actually looking for one myself at the moment.
Pro Tools addict and admin at Macintosh Garden, Mac OS 9 Lives! and System 7 Today

Offline Syntho

• Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2014, 02:29:09 AM »
I think that expansion chassis comes with a PCI card for connecting the chassis. Is that included in it? Maybe that's why you haven't been able to test it.

Offline Knezzen

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
  • Pro Tools Addict!
    • Macintosh Garden
« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2014, 02:39:25 AM »
I think that expansion chassis comes with a PCI card for connecting the chassis. Is that included in it? Maybe that's why you haven't been able to test it.

I have the PCI card and the cables. I just havent had time to put all my DSP cards in it, wire up the interfaces, run digitest etc.
I'll test it out if you're interested in buying it.

Pictures of the 888 and Magma chassies are attached to this post. In the rack on the far right. Magma at the top followed by the 888.

Offline Syntho

• Platinum Member
« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2014, 02:45:20 AM »
I take it you're not in the USA since you mentioned English isn't your first language. I imagine shipping would be a bit expensive.

Offline Knezzen

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
  • Pro Tools Addict!
    • Macintosh Garden
« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2014, 02:49:13 AM »
Im located in Sweden. Don't know what shipping would be, but I can look it up real quick.

EDIT: Shipping alone would be around $200. A bit expensive perhaps :(

Offline Syntho

• Platinum Member
« Reply #7 on: March 18, 2014, 02:55:57 AM »
I'll have to pass, yeah. I'm not sure what ebay is like in Sweden but maybe try there!

Hey, what's the other stuff in your rack? It looks like some older parametric and graphic EQs. I see a MOTU unit in there too, maybe a midi interface or to sync stuff. I'm looking for an Orban 642b parametric EQ right now myself.

Offline Knezzen

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
  • Pro Tools Addict!
    • Macintosh Garden
« Reply #8 on: March 18, 2014, 03:03:38 AM »
Antares autotune, som TC Electronics multi effects, a bunch of compressors, gates etc. The usual stuff ;).

The MOTU unit is a world clock master. I use it to sync all the Digidesign interfaces to 48khz for a more stable clock signal :)
Some clocks fade off over time, so interfaces may have different hz-settings even though they are set to 48khz.

100-500hz difference between the interfaces is enough to give some digital noise in the recording when recording with multiple interfaces at once.

You could use one of the Digidesign interfaces as the master clock as well, but I had the MOTU clock since before and it fills out the rack nicely ;)

Offline Syntho

• Platinum Member
« Reply #9 on: March 18, 2014, 03:06:16 AM »
Cool  -afro- My rig is a bit smaller but it's getting to the point that it does everything I need it to. Just need to get some more 888|24s and I'll have it complete.

Offline Knezzen

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
  • Pro Tools Addict!
    • Macintosh Garden
« Reply #10 on: March 19, 2014, 08:08:29 AM »
I can't fint the PCI card on the computer side or the cable between it or the chassies :(

Sold as is for best offer. Don't expect much for it, so don't be afraid to make an offer ;)