Author Topic: how to reset midi device & OMS?  (Read 3687 times)

supernova777

how to reset midi device & OMS?
« on: March 05, 2014, 06:07:30 AM »
So after leaving my g4 on for about a week.. the midi interface somehow stops responding
maybe this has something to do with sleep mode?

ive been just rebooting when this happens is there any way of resetting the entire midi setup
after quitting Ableton live + all other apps of course.. to save me the trouble of rebooting?
im quite proud this system can work for up to a week without a reboot
if i could just fix this i could keep my uptime going;)

the midi interface/keyboard im using atm for this mac is a Mk-225C evolution usb keyboard
simply plugged into the back of the g4..

(i have a motu MTP and/or an opcode Studio128x planned for use in the future for this machine via its stealth port)

« Last Edit: March 05, 2014, 10:19:04 AM by chrisNova777 »

Offline dr bu

• Gold Member
  • inconsistent soul
Re: how to reset midi device & OMS?
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2014, 10:09:39 AM »
i always thought rebooting was the oms/usb norm. is there a difference between midi interfaces in this respect?
djupsinnig

Offline MacGuy

• Veteran Member
  • Love MacOS9Lives
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2014, 03:19:10 PM »
Unplugging the midi interface and waiting for about a minute before replugging  the midi interface should solve the problem.

Effectively this would be a safe rebooting of the midi interface .
LC520(my first iMac @ 25 MHz ), 8500/SonnetG4, Performa6360, QuickSilver PowerPC G4 ( 933MHz ), iMac PowerPC G3 500 MHz ,iMac @ 3.06 GHz, AND a plethora of midi/audio/recording gear and software and oh! let's not forget all those acoustical music instruments

supernova777

« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2014, 06:28:21 AM »
i always thought rebooting was the oms/usb norm. is there a difference between midi interfaces in this respect?

i was just trying to see if theres another way instead of rebooting...