Author Topic: PACE-Protection on Mac OS9  (Read 3385 times)

Offline lokki

• Enthusiast Member
PACE-Protection on Mac OS9
« on: March 01, 2014, 06:12:49 AM »
Has somebody in-depth knowledge or at least more info than what i find with a quick google search about PACE Protection on os 9? I am trying to extend my 30 days demo of max/msp by deleting all the files it creates at an install (i made a list of the differences before and after with file buddy, with invisible files) however so far i have no luck. there must be something written to the disk that can't be found by file buddy or greg's browser. any insight would be very nice!

deleting the system documents and applications folder on the hard disk and install them freshly does not help, so it must be outside those folders. a re-initalization does help.

cheers
MDD Dual @1.42Ghz, Powerbook TI @1Ghz

Offline dr bu

• Gold Member
  • inconsistent soul
Re: PACE-Protection on Mac OS9
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2014, 12:20:45 PM »
you could try installer observer. save the system state before installation - and then compare after. is it the max/msp 4.1 version? ive been using 4.0.5. it lacks support for a few extensions (eg ubumenu), and is a little bit unstable with OMS. othervise works fine. let me know if youre lucky.
djupsinnig

Offline lokki

• Enthusiast Member
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2014, 12:35:48 AM »
thanks for this. i will try it tomorrow. i'm trying with the 4.1 version, since it is the latest for os9. do you have a license for 4.0.5?

Offline lokki

• Enthusiast Member
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2014, 01:37:14 AM »
it did not work with installer observer. it found the same files i found with file buddy. deleting them does not reset the 30-days demo. ah it's crazy! it is so easy to reset the max demo on osx!