Author Topic: (Max)Upgrade G3 Beige for a good cause.  (Read 2429 times)

Offline darthnVader

• Platinum Member
(Max)Upgrade G3 Beige for a good cause.
« on: April 22, 2023, 03:19:23 AM »
First off you can buy a stock AGP G4 system that is going to out perform this Beige G3 in every way for far less money.

I hate to part with this system, but duty calls and my bother who passed on New Years eve has left me his son as my ward. Long story short he needs some new clothes and the tax man hit me hard this year.

So for those of you feeling nostalgic I have for your consideration a Beige G3 minitower with the fallowing upgrades:

G4 433Mhz ZIF upgrade
768MB RAM
Pioneer Super Drive (ATA)( Fully supports iDVD under both Mac OS 9 and Mac OS X and Disc Burn )
Zip 100 SCSI
OEM SCSI CDROM
Geforce 6200 PCI 256MB( Core Image compatible ).
SiL3112 SATA I two port PCI card( Fully supports Mac OS 9 and Mac OS X ).
Sonnet Tempo Tango USB 2 FireWire PCI card( Supports USB 1.1 under Mac OS 9 ).
LaCie External SCSI CD-R Drive( Works with Toast under OS 9 and OS X )
Wings personality AV capture card
Original Box( Box is in very poor shape to look at, but it's there and a rare find for a Mac of this age.)
Mac OS X Tiger Boxed Set install DVD
Mac OS 9.2.2 OEM full install CD( Grey OEM Disc but will do the full boot and install on this system without hacks ).
M-Audio Firewire AudioPhile( This is the version that only works with Mac OS X, sorry no OS 9 love here ).

256GB SATA SSD( fully bootable in Mac OS 9 and Mac OS X ).

Some odd 20GB ATA drive connected to one of the internal ATA bus

New PRAM battery.

Built-in Rage II video with ADC to VGA adapter( For your Mac OS 9 needs )

This is the Rev. 1 Beige that does not support slave devices on the two internal ATA 33 buses.

Asking $450+ shipping for a good cause.

I'll load it up with software and a fresh install of OS 9.2.2 and Mac OS X Tiger.

As well as any software disc I have in my extensive collection I'm just tossing in for free( OEM and Retail mix not CD-R discs ).

Pictures to come......

Make me a reasonable offer.