Author Topic: TDM Plugin Packages  (Read 23154 times)

Offline robespierre

• Veteran Member
  • malfrat des logiciels
Re: TDM Plugin Packages
« Reply #20 on: September 20, 2022, 07:38:27 PM »
It's not a totally inane question.
I don't think you can have PCI expansion chassis connected to multiple host computers, at least without explicit PICMG support or something like that.

Offline Knezzen

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
  • Pro Tools Addict!
    • Macintosh Garden
« Reply #21 on: April 08, 2024, 01:41:01 AM »
It all works really well and can upload my Autoload if anyone wants it? I know Knezzen had some difficulty replicating this setup - as did I too, since the documentation is a right headache!

Resurrecting this thread again. Yes, it's a headache to say the least, but a very cool one (if that's even possible). Are you still with us acelera? I would love to get my hands on your Autoload file so I can try to replicate your Environment setup somehow.
Pro Tools addict and admin at Macintosh Garden, Mac OS 9 Lives! and System 7 Today

Offline hoovers@dawn

• Valued Member
« Reply #22 on: April 09, 2024, 02:47:46 AM »
It all works really well and can upload my Autoload if anyone wants it? I know Knezzen had some difficulty replicating this setup - as did I too, since the documentation is a right headache!

Resurrecting this thread again. Yes, it's a headache to say the least, but a very cool one (if that's even possible). Are you still with us acelera? I would love to get my hands on your Autoload file so I can try to replicate your Environment setup somehow.

I guess it depends on your setup? What are you running? I have 3x 888/24’s for a dae 24 in/out so my auto load has a “dae” 24 audio tracks 16 busses & 24 outputs & 4 stereo aux channels for esb (native out 1-8 into dae) to “pipe” the native audio engine into the dae layer... Best of both worlds vst & tdm! Also remember the more channels objects you have active in the dae mixer will use up more dsp but that doesn’t matter these days with having mix+++++++ (7+ cards) systems
G4 MDD dual 1.25ghz magma7 TDM rack mix++++++ 3x888/24, running Os9.22 Emagic  “Logic Pro 6.5.0 developer release”.... Sounddiver 3 & plenty of outboard hardware.....

Offline Protools5LEGuy

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #23 on: April 14, 2024, 04:31:16 PM »
http://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=147971 - if you read all three pages carefully, people are saying some rather interesting things:

i also remember buying EXS24 to work in pro tools (it did for a little while) but then they stopped that .... money wasted ....

EXS used to work directly in PT ... i paid several hundred dollars for this as have many others.

we are not talking about running Logic with PT hardware and using EXS but running PT and using these instruments ...

EXS used to work in in PT in OS9 I believe - but never in OSX.

They are also saying SD is working (instruments folder) but I take it all of them have OSX machines. Is it possible that we're missing a special version of EXS24? It's probably an HTDM version of it.

I used a plug called EXSP 24 with the P as player. Just like Kontact Konpact. I used it in Windows XP with Protools 6.1LE but had to use VST to RTAS adapter to use it IIRC.

I think ESB is a HTDM plug and the rest of Epic plugs were for Protools 4 also, didn't need MIX hardware
Looking for MacOS 9.2.4