Author Topic: Iomega JAZ1394A  (Read 2387 times)

Offline shazbot

• Valued Member
  • new to the forums
Iomega JAZ1394A
« on: February 25, 2023, 10:05:52 AM »
Hello,

I've been using a Ratoc cardbus adapter REX-CB31 with my Akai S3000XL, all working well. However, I got an Iomega Jaz 1394A SCSI to firewire adapter recently for a super cheap price. Super long shot but do you think I go via firewire to the Akai via scsi. I tried it earlier with no joy. I installed Iomegaware for os9 but nada. I know it is primarily for a JAZ drive but thought I would throw is out there. The sampler is powering the device as there is a green light coming on but Recycle does not see the sampler when connected via FW400 to the PB. Any ideas. Cheers.

Offline robespierre

• Veteran Member
  • malfrat des logiciels
Re: Iomega JAZ1394A
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2023, 11:24:55 AM »
The Iomega FireWire-SCSI converter and driver is only designed for Jaz drives. It may work with other storage media but not with samplers.
The latest driver for the Ratoc FR1SX does claim to support Akai CD3000XL but that is a different converter.

Note that, I think that even the FR1SX cannot support applications that communicate with the sampler as a SCSI device without a driver called "B's Crew SIM Driver" which is difficult to find. If anyone has it, please share it.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2023, 11:53:48 AM by robespierre »

Offline shazbot

• Valued Member
  • new to the forums
Re: Iomega JAZ1394A
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2023, 01:14:08 PM »
Cheers, thought that was the case. Will pick up a Jaz drive. The cost of some of the Ratoc adapters are bonkers also.