Author Topic: 4600 flash process  (Read 1465 times)

Offline Ncc74656

• Enthusiast Member
4600 flash process
« on: February 17, 2023, 09:33:27 PM »
im considering buying a quadro. can i flash the AGP nvidia while booting off a PCI card? or do i need a PC to do this?

what rom form factor is the chip on the Nvidia card? so i can order a rom programmer for it.

Offline smilesdavis

• Platinum Member
Re: 4600 flash process
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2023, 10:50:03 PM »
This works in os9?

Looking for: Steinberg Cubase MAC Standard/Score v1-5 & Cubase Audio v1, Cubase Audio v2 for, Cubase Audio v3 for DAE/TDM => complete or in parts

Offline Ncc74656

• Enthusiast Member
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2023, 06:36:00 AM »
yea, the brief research i did shows that teh quadro is the same card as the ti4600 which is the best OS9 card available. but it needs hardware modifications and bios flashing to make it work.

so i was wondering if i can boot both an agp and pci video card on the G4 and either in os9 or X if i could flash the AGP card through the mac.    so i dont need to buy a cmos chip reader.

Offline smilesdavis

• Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2023, 11:24:01 AM »
yea, the brief research i did shows that teh quadro is the same card as the ti4600 which is the best OS9 card available. but it needs hardware modifications and bios flashing to make it work.

so i was wondering if i can boot both an agp and pci video card on the G4 and either in os9 or X if i could flash the AGP card through the mac.    so i dont need to buy a cmos chip reader.

Oh cool didnt know that guess im set then already

Omg just looked they want 125 on ebay for the quadro, wayy too much just get the ti
Looking for: Steinberg Cubase MAC Standard/Score v1-5 & Cubase Audio v1, Cubase Audio v2 for, Cubase Audio v3 for DAE/TDM => complete or in parts

Offline Ncc74656

• Enthusiast Member
« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2023, 07:14:03 AM »
Well the mac ti is 500 or so...   the quadro is cheap

Offline darthnVader

• Platinum Member
« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2023, 08:32:40 PM »
im considering buying a quadro. can i flash the AGP nvidia while booting off a PCI card? or do i need a PC to do this?

what rom form factor is the chip on the Nvidia card? so i can order a rom programmer for it.

There is an OS X PPC version of Nvflash that you should be able to flash the Quadro with however it's going to take a little hacking.

Basically you need a non Nvidia PCI card and a ROM made by the ROM Maker for your card. Then you need to boot Open Firmware and load that FCODE ROM from disk for the Quadro.

After that you should be able to boot OS X and use Nvflash to flash the FCODE ROM.

Offline Ncc74656

• Enthusiast Member
« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2023, 09:14:43 PM »
that sounds like something i could do. i MAY still buy the flash tool to just take the eprom off and write to it externally.   i have a radeon 9200 pci from my 6360 so i can use that