Author Topic: WTB: SoundDiver 3  (Read 64462 times)

Offline MacTron

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum Member
  • keep it simple
Re: WTB: SoundDiver 3
« Reply #40 on: May 12, 2014, 01:56:52 PM »
This is an obsolete discussion.

Here it is all what you need to get Emagic Sound Diver 3.02 working, and the  3.04, 3.05 updates:
http://macos9lives.com/smforum/index.php?topic=1016.0
 ;)
Please don't PM about things that are not private.

Offline rluijend

• Newcomer
  • new to the forums
« Reply #41 on: May 12, 2014, 02:13:44 PM »
Manny thanks MacTron!

I finally got it working. I've managed to edit some voices on my old Yamaha synth through SD already, so it should be working OK!

It's amazing to see that over 10 years since OS-9 was replaced with X, support and help for OS-9 can still be found here!
Big thanks to all the people that make this possible! :)

Ruud

Online IIO

• Platinum Member
  • just a number
« Reply #42 on: May 27, 2014, 06:20:07 PM »

the how to by "enabler" is perfectly right.

so this means you have to keep a copy of the 3.0 install – because you will have to repeat the procedure every few months or so.
insert arbitrary signature here

Offline coachla

• Veteran Member
« Reply #43 on: June 29, 2014, 04:52:12 AM »
One could also make note of the time you authorized Diver. If the CD failed, the time could be set back. Alternatively, run without a battery and authorize, so its always booting midnight on the same ancient date. That's what I do. My CD sits unused. File dates do get confused. Logic 5&6 need a later date to launch. I've never had a machine performance issue doing this. Sound diver...What a jewel of a program!

supernova777

« Reply #44 on: October 30, 2014, 04:19:54 AM »
not sure if u guys had this before..

Universal Module
Version 2.0.2 – State: August 4, 1997
Adaptation Programming Manual
Also applicable for SoundSurfer
Universal MIDI Librarian Management
and Editor System
Windows 95 and NT 4.0
Mac OS
Atari ST, STE, TT and Falcon

Offline pbdlugoss

• Newcomer
  • new to the forums
« Reply #45 on: November 22, 2014, 12:56:12 PM »
How would I go about getting Version 2.1.2 to open? I downloaded the CD img and burned it to a CD using an OS X iMac. (As the computer this is for can't access the internet)

I got it to install but says it needs the master disk? All of the regular img files won't mount on my OS X system to burn.

supernova777

Offline maximalhost

• Newcomer
  • new to the forums
« Reply #47 on: January 22, 2015, 09:33:19 AM »
yay really nice'n'great my OS9 lives again  ;D

so folks where i can find the XSkey @ OSX #wildinmyhairpoors
??
im a little bit confused  ::)

mhost

Offline English_Mac

• Enthusiast Member
  • new to the forums
« Reply #48 on: June 07, 2015, 01:04:21 AM »
Hey All
All of the images should open using Disk Copy 6.4 on OS 9.2.2 except:

I've downloaded 3.0.2 and tried all storts to mount the image, even DiskCopy 6.4 on a OS9.2 machine, file inrecognised, what am I doing wrong?

supernova777

« Reply #49 on: June 07, 2015, 05:52:50 AM »
i just downloaded it on my MDD and im extracting it fine..... whats the problem? is it the .img file within the .sit file u are having trouble mounting?

i thought it was just my filetype that was screwed.. because it was associated with Graphic Converter (img)
but even changing the file type to "dimg, ddsk" and it still does not mount .. gives a -8816 error

so it would appear these files are damaged and need to be fixed..

i could repackage it with some help frome enabler..?

the archive should also include the original 3.0 cd .img which it does not

*** the 3.05 beta img did open for me after changing its filetype with filetyper but this still shouldnt be required to be done by everyone who downloads this
and it asks for the 3.0 cd to be inserted...which is missing frm the archive so this file is completely useless in its present state

actually it may be that this just needs better directions
i just used the "3.0 alt authorizer" on the 3.01 file and it has opened up sound diver..
ive never used this app so i cant realy confirm anymore yet

« Last Edit: June 07, 2015, 06:19:21 AM by chrisNova777 »

Offline SoundslikeButter

• Newcomer
  • new to the forums
« Reply #50 on: November 19, 2015, 06:47:35 PM »

Here it is all what you need to get Emagic Sound Diver 3.02 working, and the  3.04, 3.05 updates:
 ;)

Link appears no good any more.

Anyone able to update to help a guy out please??

Offline GaryN

• Platinum Member
« Reply #51 on: November 19, 2015, 08:53:24 PM »

;)

Link appears no good any more.

Anyone able to update to help a guy out please??

http://www.macos9lives.com/downloads/public/

Here is a working download I have of the above… This is a ready-to-go package.

https://www.mediafire.com/?t32et8jn2f7rd1q

Offline Philgood

• Gold Member
« Reply #52 on: July 02, 2016, 04:24:05 PM »
Sorry for resucitating this thread but i can´t mount the image files in the "SoundDiver 3.04 & 3.05" folder.
I tried the DiskCopy 6.33, 6.4 and 6.5b13 but it always failed.

Can someone guide me to a solution ?
*G4 MDD 1.25GHz (Single 2003)* with 2x 80Gb harddrives, 1Gb RAM, Tascam US-428 and Edirol FA-101 USB/Firewire soundcards-*iMac G3 DV 400MHz* with installs from OS 8.6-OSX Tiger on different harddrives-*Powerbook G4 1.67Ghz* with new SSD ! Love it.

Offline GaryN

• Platinum Member
« Reply #53 on: July 02, 2016, 11:09:15 PM »
Turns out that package was seriously weird / messed up. As I recall, I succeeded with it by NOT following any instructions in the read-me.

You need to install OMS - preferably first, and create your Studio setup file. Soundiver will be looking for it the first time you run it.

THEN:

1. Unstuff the download
2. Open the 3.0.4 / 3.0.5 folder - The 3.0.4 img is f---ed up but you don't need it anyway.
3. Mount the 3.0.5 img with Toast  (Toast Titanium 5 can be found here: http://macintoshgarden.org/apps/toast-5-titanium)
3. Drag the 3.0.5 version only out to the main folder
4. Make a new "storage" folder for all of the other versions and put them in there so that 3.0.5 is the only version at the top level next to the authorizers.
5. Launch the 3.0 authorizer (NOT the app) and it will authorize 3.0.5 - you skip all the previous ones - I don't know anything about the "alternate authorizer" - I didn't need it.
6. All the data files and stuff you need are already installed in the "Diver" folder - everything should work - just keep all of it together in the main Soundiver folder.
7. From now on, you launch the app from the 3.0.5 app file. You can make a 3.0.5 alias to put elsewhere if you want.

Every now and then you'll be asked to re-authorize Soundiver. Just launch the authorizer again.

Piece 'o cake!

Offline DieHard

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #54 on: July 03, 2016, 12:06:16 AM »
Thanks Gary !

It would probably be a good idea to move these directions to the download board...

Offline Philgood

• Gold Member
« Reply #55 on: July 03, 2016, 01:52:17 AM »
Yes!

Thanks GaryN, that trick did the job!
*G4 MDD 1.25GHz (Single 2003)* with 2x 80Gb harddrives, 1Gb RAM, Tascam US-428 and Edirol FA-101 USB/Firewire soundcards-*iMac G3 DV 400MHz* with installs from OS 8.6-OSX Tiger on different harddrives-*Powerbook G4 1.67Ghz* with new SSD ! Love it.

Online IIO

• Platinum Member
  • just a number
« Reply #56 on: July 03, 2016, 08:23:00 AM »

i´ve always used a patched 304 to reauthorize 305.

but i also own a legit copy; sounddiver was one of classic cases of "buy it but install the crack", because noone wants to fiddle with various optical media during creative work.

there is another reason why it might be so hard to get a license second hand: sounddiver is somehow essential and unique, and it is almost impossile to migrate to a newer app. so many people just keep their copy to use it with their old grear.

it is a matter of taste - and also depends on the gear you need to control - but in my opinion cubase, unisyn or the later midiquest (which is a mess of a computer code assemblement and contains even more bugs than sounddiver did) could never compete.

an OSX user in the need of control over post-2003 hardware might eventually want to get into http://ctrlr.org/ and build his own stuff today (or in my case, max/msp or supercollider).

running an old OS9 notebook only for sounddiver side by side with another computer stops beeing fun when you need that on a daily basis, for example in conjuntion with DAW projects or on stage.

Online IIO

• Platinum Member
  • just a number
« Reply #57 on: July 03, 2016, 08:25:37 AM »

Offline GaryN

• Platinum Member
« Reply #58 on: July 03, 2016, 06:20:38 PM »
Thanks Gary !

It would probably be a good idea to move these directions to the download board...

If you can do that, it would be great. I don't have access.

Offline geforceg4

• Platinum Member
  • i did my time on mac os 9
« Reply #59 on: October 15, 2016, 07:15:22 AM »