Author Topic: I can't connect HP1320n to my Mac os9.2.2 desktop  (Read 1453 times)

Offline cmmang

• Newcomer
I can't connect HP1320n to my Mac os9.2.2 desktop
« on: December 28, 2022, 09:00:41 PM »
I have the driver install which says installed correctly but when I go to run  Printer Utility it gives me two windows In the first I have chosen Apple talk   then it shows a window for the 1320 series PPD and I can select it. However when I click on Apple Talk Printer selection NO POSTSCRIPT printer shows in the window for me to click

Offline cmmang

• Newcomer
Re: I can't connect HP1320n to my Mac os9.2.2 desktop
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2022, 09:05:32 PM »
Also when I go to extensions and click on printer descriptions the icon for the 1320 is blank and it has no HP version number

Offline ovalking

• Gold Member
  • new to the forums
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2022, 06:11:36 AM »
In a quick review of the instructions I see no mention of Appletalk compatibility, only USB.

You don't mention whether it appears in the Chooser. If compatible, it should appear if you select the standard Apple Laserwriter driver (most networked lasers will work with this to some degree).

Can you ping the printer? If yes, then your network hardware is all good.

Offline cmmang

• Newcomer
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2022, 12:34:02 PM »
Thanks. Yes I got it to work with usb but I was using the usb port to print from my os10 cpu, but yes it does work with usb,  I was using a lan through my router into the lan port and it would not read the printer using that method