Author Topic: NOTIFICATIONS!!!  (Read 1847 times)

Offline FBz

• Platinum Member
  • Fury-Fungus FdB/FBz
NOTIFICATIONS!!!
« on: December 22, 2022, 02:24:27 PM »
Dearest Newbies (and perhaps other members previously unaware of these fabulous features)…

Did you know that under your profile settings YOU CAN set it up so that you don’t have to visit or login repeatedly to see if someone has answered your latest query? OR that you can also be notified via direct email when you have an “ultra-secret” PM (personal message) too?

No secret decoder ring necessary! And very handy if you don’t want everyone aware that some other smarmy member has asked you whether or not your faltering machine is actually plugged into a wall socket.  ::)

If you don’t setup Notifications under Profile > Modify Profile > Notifications when you first register… then you may never notice helpful double-secret PM messages that some of us old geezers might send your way. (See red arrow below.) Of course this isn’t limited to PM’s sent just by old geezers like me either. You can still set this up now (and change it later too, if you'd like).

Lots of different options / settings available. Take some time to dig around the various available Profile settings. IF you’re a “hit & run” member (ask a question and get an answer then poof, gone) this could also limit the logins you do in order to see if someone has answered you. BONUS!

In fact, if you fill in as much Profile info as you might like… it might make some things easier for all. So if you've not done this, DO IT NOW - and you could save some of us keystrokes.

And while you’re at it… post a little missive about yourself and your background… under “Members Introduction”.
http://macos9lives.com/smforum/index.php/topic,1991.0.html

Might just help this old geezer from asking if you know which end of a soldering <iron> gets hot, et cetera.  ;)

*Snowed-in here today… so no outdoor fun for me - and my machines are all plugged in, heating up this house.

Happy Holidays y’all.  8)
« Last Edit: December 23, 2022, 07:54:20 AM by FBz »

Offline DieHard

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum Member
Re: NOTIFICATIONS!!!
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2022, 03:54:49 PM »
Very good info !

Offline IIO

• Platinum Member
  • just a number
Re: NOTIFICATIONS!!!
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2022, 06:23:18 PM »
that there are people who do not know how to answer private messages in a forum gives me a good feeling with regard to my incapability with soldering irons and multimeters.

but i want to add one thing to the topic.

it is pretty easy here to accidentially send a PM response only to yourself when it is the second message you attempt to send to the other participant.

so always watch the recipients list, like you would do with your business emails in an email program.
insert arbitrary signature here