Author Topic: JL Cooper CS-10 2 midi controller fader box  (Read 2212 times)

Offline Syn-Fi

• Veteran Member
  • Quadra 700, G4 MDD, Mac mini
JL Cooper CS-10 2 midi controller fader box
« on: December 11, 2022, 07:28:12 AM »
This is later version with smooth finish on the top panel and powder coat on the underside.
immaculate
faders cleaned and greased

£80, global shipping on top

SOLD
« Last Edit: March 19, 2023, 11:55:17 AM by Protools5LEGuy »

Offline Protools5LEGuy

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum Member
Re: JL Cooper CS2 midi controller fader box
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2022, 08:20:33 AM »

£80, global shipping on top

Are you in Europe?
Looking for MacOS 9.2.4

Offline Protools5LEGuy

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2023, 09:00:09 AM »
Bought by me.  ;D

Looking for MacOS 9.2.4

Offline smilesdavis

• Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2023, 04:13:13 PM »
congrats its a lovely looking controller
Looking for: Steinberg Cubase MAC Standard/Score v1-5 & Cubase Audio v1, Cubase Audio v2 for, Cubase Audio v3 for DAE/TDM => complete or in parts

Offline Protools5LEGuy

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2023, 10:33:58 PM »
It has been a journey to make it work with mac os9.

First attempted with an Edirol UM-1, but it didn't work with any of the drivers that worked to me before. I even tested the Japanese files. At the end,  it has broken. Tests on Mac OS X confirmed that.

Then I bought a Jamport thinking on serial MIDI.

Then looked for a cheap serial midi and found no affordable option.

I was not going to try USB+roland and looked for M-Audio and was afraid modern ones would not be OS 9 compatible.

Then look for a MIDIMAN interface, just to be sure.

Finally, a MIDISPORT 2x2 did the trick.

Really happy with the CS-10 implementation on Metric Halo Channel strip + TC + Lexicon + Digidesign.  8)

But the Waves implementation makes it less clear on most plugs but the Rennaisanse compressor. You want to close the plug or all parameters keep as "marked" and it is a mess.
Looking for MacOS 9.2.4

Offline mrhappy

• Platinum Member
  • new to the forums
« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2023, 06:50:53 AM »
Glad you got it working! ;D

Offline Protools5LEGuy

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2023, 11:40:47 AM »
Finally, a MIDISPORT 2x2 did the trick.

Really happy with the CS-10 implementation on Metric Halo Channel strip + TC + Lexicon + Digidesign.  8)

But the Waves implementation makes it less clear on most plugs but the Rennaisanse compressor. You want to close the plug or all parameters keep as "marked" and it is a mess.

Faders implementation is very good too. They are not motorized, but they feel just like pro analog desk from the good days. I was afraid it could have low resolution faders (8bit) but they are almost as precise as the 002 mixer (CS-10 0.2-0.3 dB vs 002 0.1 dB resolution). You have to move the fader to its position and the screen gives you a hand telling how much you still need to move to reach "working" state.

The six encoders on the centre are way, way more fun to use than 002 (no end) encoders.

CS-10 has 6 potentiometers (pots with start and finish just as a guitar or an analog desk). They dont move the value till you reach the value and surpass it (just like the faders) and the movement you make to start moving it is just like what you do when you handle analog gear with vintage pots to reactivate the carbon track.

Once you reach the parameter is really precise.

It worth mention that McDSP is really well implemented and I can reach ALL parameters on P6, for example (13 pages to reach latest parameters 3/6 per page) and once the cycle is complete it let you start again with all parameters and always is clear what you are handling with the pots.

With the Waves version I use it is not clear what you are handling once you do a parameters round (you pass every page)

DigiRack/Bombfactory/Joemeck EQ/Amp Farm/MH Channel Strip are a joy to use with pots.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2023, 11:54:14 AM by Protools5LEGuy »
Looking for MacOS 9.2.4