Author Topic: miniced 5 user  (Read 5329 times)

Offline pottsthomas

• Newcomer
miniced 5 user
« on: November 13, 2022, 07:24:13 AM »
I've been using minicadv5 for 20 plus years on a G4 tower, M8493.  I have a mirror door as a back up, but the program loses two important (to me) functions on the newer machine.  First is the paste in place.  The software on this machine calls it "paste as picture" and places it randomly.  I use that to paste elements between layers.  I don't see why the same software load would vary between the two machines.   Also, when reversing images, the text also reverses on the older machine, but not on the newer one.  Thats a major problem.  Is there a control where this can be adjusted?  The software is being loaded from the exact same discs.

I draw house plans and often reverse drawings.  Any help appreciated.. Thanks

Offline GaryN

• Platinum Member
Re: miniced 5 user
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2022, 02:53:22 PM »
And just when I thought we couldn't get an even more obscure question than those of recent vintage…
Also, when reversing images, the text also reverses on the older machine, but not on the newer one.  Thats a major problem.  Is there a control where this can be adjusted?  The software is being loaded from the exact same discs.
I draw house plans and often reverse drawings.
If I understand you correctly, you want the text to reverse, thereby becoming unreadable???

Anyway……
Wild (but reasonable) guess:

The app is depending on a System Extension (probably Quicktime) to handle pictures / images and you have a different version in the MDD than in the QS.
It sounds like the QS is merging the text with / flattening the text into, the image and reversing all of it while MDD is treating the text as text and preserving its readability.

So, check any and all Extensions in both machines that can possibly have anything to do with images and such and:
1) Make certain the same ones are all enabled in both machines, then:
2) Look for any difference in their version numbers - even a tiny right-of-the-decimal-point difference. If they're different, copy that Extension from the "good" machine to the other.