Author Topic: 9.2.3  (Read 65675 times)

Offline OS923

• Platinum Member
Re: 9.2.3
« Reply #80 on: May 07, 2018, 09:21:27 AM »
More progress but I didn't have time to update the website.

The macros extension now supports autoKey events. It works now with Resorcerer resources. I used a macro to replace "Stxt" with "stxt" and "etxt" with "FEdi" in a PPob resource.

I relinked all the sync tools with PowerPlant 2.1.

I wrote wrapper classes for istream, ostream, ifstream, ofstream, and string. I linked this as a shared library that I use in all my private console projects. The compile time is now very small. It works like this: use a void* as data member. Then in the implementation, use a macro to convert the void*.

Code: [Select]
#define S(name,object) std::string* const (name)=static_cast<std::string*>((object).m_string)

m_string=new std::string;

S(d1,*this);
S(d2,s);
*d1=*d2;

S(d,*this);
delete d;

Offline OS923

• Platinum Member
« Reply #81 on: May 15, 2018, 06:28:24 AM »
I improved the macros extension, the output of "Check macros", and the Apple event logger.

I found a way to export only the PowerPlant functions from my libraries that are used by my programs except __som_check_new and __som_check_ev.

Everything compiles without warning. All link errors are gone except double defined __som_check_new and __som_check_ev warning. How is it possible that these 2 functions are exported if I don't ask for it? I export using the option "use pragma" and then I type __declspec(export) before the function that I want to export. This has the same effect as #pragma export on.

The MDEFs of my extensions and programs are now accelerated for PPC.

The sync tools work now with MDEFs for colorful popup menus.

Offline OS923

• Platinum Member
« Reply #82 on: May 29, 2018, 05:01:24 AM »
I wrote a fast function to convert between MacRoman and UTF16 and back.
I wrote a replacement for BlockMoveData which is faster for 86 block lengths.
The multi menu extension can now draw small icons.
I'm now making new antialiased small icons for the async tools.
They look better in those menus.
I also deleted all 1-bit and 4-bit icons since OS 9 requires 8-bit color.

My website will expire on June 23.
I'm thinking about a new domain name.

Offline OS923

• Platinum Member
« Reply #83 on: June 18, 2018, 07:04:42 AM »
The website won't be updated anymore after today.
This is the latest update of the SDK:
http://www.gsehi.com/computing/software/macos/os/os93/Download.htm

I'm now improving the regex with a custom memory manager.

Offline OS923

• Platinum Member
« Reply #84 on: June 18, 2018, 07:05:25 AM »
The sync tools are finished.
I didn't change much.
The preferences go one folder up.
The edit fields check pasted text with a key filter.
The windows are now created in Run instead of the constructor of the program.
An eventual exception in Run is better than an exception in the constructor of the program.
All panes are custom and code has moved from the programs to the panes.
The settings for the filter menus are stored in "Menu preferences.rsrc".
The OS 9.2.3 menu is configurable too by the way: you can delete the menus and items that you don't want.
You can also replace the menus and items with something totally different.
In the 'pref' resource you can choose to draw small icons.
Mini date calculator is discontinued.
I did various overall improvements like removing 1-bit and 4-bit icons, and renumbering the menus.

I wrote a program which finds the classes which need a virtual destructor.
Then I updated those classes with "Replace strings".

I found a way to make better ics8 icons:
Copy the icl8 icon.
Make a 32x32 RGB in Photoshop.
Paste the icon.
Resize bicubic to 16x16.
Copy it.
Go to GraphicConverter.
Do "Image using clipboard".
Choose 256 colors.
Copy.
Paste in ics8 icon.
Now copy the large mask.
Go to the small mask.
Select everything.
Paste.

Offline OS923

• Platinum Member
« Reply #85 on: June 18, 2018, 08:22:22 AM »
I don't consider a new website. It takes all my time and nobody watches it except robots. I'll post my progress as temporary downloads on file sharing websites.

Offline DieHard

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #86 on: June 18, 2018, 10:13:12 AM »
We can always post all your finished products here... let me know since I am fixing all downloads :)

Offline IIO

• Platinum Member
  • just a number
« Reply #87 on: June 18, 2018, 11:18:48 AM »
if you make a "members software" category there will be some others who might contribute :)
insert arbitrary signature here

Offline DieHard

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #88 on: June 18, 2018, 07:20:13 PM »
if you make a "members software" category there will be some others who might contribute :)

That did not work out the last time, but certainly we can post all Cliff's work and dedicate a section here if he wants

Offline OS923

• Platinum Member
« Reply #89 on: June 25, 2018, 03:56:43 AM »
That could work for the stuff that is unlikely to change in the future like OS 9.2.3 and my extensions.

I'll post the OS 9.3 progress as temporary downloads like this:
https://tinyurl.com/20180625OS93

Offline OS923

• Platinum Member
« Reply #90 on: July 02, 2018, 05:17:40 AM »
The problem seems to be that most people are not prepared to click on many links to get all my stuff. The most popular feature on my website used to be the "Download everything" button. Thus I consider dividing all my stuff in a few large chunks and upload them somewhere, the Mac stuff as stuffed Toast images and the rest as 7-zipped ISO images.

Offline OS923

• Platinum Member
« Reply #91 on: July 02, 2018, 05:24:29 AM »
What's new in OS 9.3: single search and multi search.

For the single search I use the BOM algorithm by Prof. Lecroq from France. https://www.researchgate.net/profile/Thierry_Lecroq

For the multi search I use a deterministic finite automaton.

See the test results in the attachment. The max times are for searching and replacing 1 or 6 strings in the Bible.

Offline OS923

• Platinum Member
« Reply #92 on: July 02, 2018, 05:38:20 AM »
Prof. Lecroq is the writer of the "Handbook of exact string-matching algorithms" that you can download as a PostScript file here: http://www-igm.univ-mlv.fr/~lecroq/string/string.ps

I converted this on https://online2pdf.com/convert-ps-to-pdf

You can download it here: https://tinyurl.com/ExactStringMatchingAlgo

The PDF contains many weird fonts, but you can still copy the code and paste it as a readable text.

Offline WhiteWarlock

• Enthusiast Member
  • SynthWizards/N01ZE
    • SynthWizards
« Reply #93 on: July 02, 2018, 09:39:53 AM »
notice pattern of OS923s Domains/URLs going ~poof~
you already offered him thread here plus Archival space for his projects
can also bestow him FTP for specified folder(such as OS923) that he can use as subdomain
under macOS9lives in specified subfolder
that can have WordPress front end installed for that folder
sure you comprehend all of this info
you host supports such type of activity
not attempting stepping on any toes or anything
merely suggesting possibilities if both parties are in agreement
plus very amicable
he is attempting/doing an epic amount of coding work on OS923
obviously...
plus because all of his links for data/reference on the subject in this thread have vanished
also for the record this is merely rant based on initial observation of this thread
OS923 such a move will help the overall reach/stability of your project
« Last Edit: July 02, 2018, 09:51:06 AM by WhiteWarlock »

Offline DieHard

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #94 on: July 02, 2018, 09:08:25 PM »
We can always post all your finished products here... let me know since I am fixing all downloads :)

I will clarify... send me a PM with a link of exactly what you would like on a board, also a text file with installation instructions, I can include 1 or many files in the download folder, please encode files with Macbinary... (sit.bin,img.bin, etc.)

Unfortunately, I am still waiting on the "Let me know"...

Offline WhiteWarlock

• Enthusiast Member
  • SynthWizards/N01ZE
    • SynthWizards
« Reply #95 on: July 02, 2018, 10:38:59 PM »
sort of figured that was the case.... just wandered in here... you have probably already been offering hosting OS923 files for ages...

Offline OS923

• Platinum Member
« Reply #96 on: July 05, 2018, 05:55:54 AM »
Some of the problems that I experienced with my website were:
  • The OS 9.2.3 documentation had many folders with a few files and this caused trouble with FileZilla.
  • I had a few folders with many files like movie trailers and this caused trouble with FileZilla.
  • Visitors are not prepared to click on many links.
  • I collected movie trailers of movies with mind control elements. This started as a hobby, but turned into around 18 GB while all the rest together is around 1 GB. Because this is now the main feature the website has the be reordered.
It became difficult to maintain that site. I have to reduce the number of files in a folder and the number of folders that have only a few files. And everything should be downloadable in a few clicks.

Thus I thought about splitting the whole thing up, saving it as disk images and upload that. I'm still thinking.

My first website was www.hearingvoices-is-voicetoskull.com in 2012. Then I had more websites at the same time: www.os923.com, www.gangstalkerdown.com, www.v2krobot.com (for an internet program that indeed exists but was never released), www.implant-victims.com.

In 2013 I replaced www.hearingvoices-is-voicetoskull.com with www.gangstalkingwiki.com. This was in 6 months the most popular website about the subject. I learned that the popularity was solely because it was an imitation of Wikipedia. Then I started to merge my other websites into this one. At this time I had max 1 GB webspace.

In 2016 they didn't allow me to upgrade my webspace although they offered hosting for unlimited webspace. I had to apply for a new website with a new domain name.

In 2016 I chose www.gangstalking.eu because I found www.gangstalkingwiki.com too long but it was terrible. The .eu was worthless.

In 2017 I chose www.gsehi.com which was even worse, because this name had apparently been used by spammers for years to post spam messages with invalid email addresses like [email protected]. I presume that the domain name was in spam databases and was even blocked in the public library for "hate and racism". That's right, they label gang stalking sites as "hate and racism" and they disappear from the search engine results.

Thus, still thinking.

Offline OS923

• Platinum Member
« Reply #97 on: July 05, 2018, 06:14:14 AM »
One of the solutions that I found is to replace the OS 9.2.3 HTML documentation with AppleWorks documents. In OS 9.3 I work already like that. It's easier, my pages look better and it reduces the number of files and folders. This will also solve a problem that I had with the Scheme program that I use to make my website. I have a folder with HTML pages that contain Scheme instructions between French quotes. This folder is copied to another folder while my program evaluates those Scheme instructions and replaces them with the results. This is very sophisticated. Recently I rewrote this program with classes because it was too difficult to maintain. The program is now much faster and more reliable, but the part for the OS 9.2.3 documentation is still to do and I'd rather not because it's a dull part with many functions.

But I don't see the solution for the problems with FileZilla.

Offline OS923

• Platinum Member
« Reply #98 on: July 05, 2018, 06:22:01 AM »
The logical solution is that I reorder my stuff, start a new website with a domain name that refers to the largest part, the encyclopedia of mind control movies, and that I start a second website for my Mac stuff. And then I'll have virtually no visitors.

Other solution is www.cliffhuylebroeck.name and then it's no one's business how I order my stuff. What do you think of that? I find it great, but I have no idea how other people see it.

Offline OS923

• Platinum Member
« Reply #99 on: July 05, 2018, 06:30:45 AM »
Most async tools are to be relinked and this will be at least 27 hours of work. I have 1 to do in my XML to Scheme converter that I forgot. All other projects are finished.