Author Topic: For Sale: 2017 iMac  (Read 2889 times)

Offline keithiepoo

• Enthusiast Member
For Sale: 2017 iMac
« on: July 24, 2022, 01:40:15 AM »
I'm selling this guy for $200 plus shipping. I see it refurbished on Apple's site for >$850. I see it going on eBay between $350 and $400. So, why am I selling it for $200?

It's slow. I do not know why, but it's sluggish, at least at times. Seems to get into its moods. But, when in such a mood, it could last until you reboot it. And then, you'll have to deal with sluggishness for maybe 15-20 mins or so as it apparently needs to continue its wake-up warm-ups. This all manifests as lots of beachballs. iWork files take roughly 45 seconds to load up.

Now, I wiped the drive clean and reinstalled Mojave. I hope that this makes things a bit better, but in order to find out, I would have had to go through the entire set-up for a new user -- which would hopefully be you.

I live in Mesa, AZ. Shipping would probably be somewhere between $50 and $100.

Cosmetically it's in good shape. I have it wrapped in bubble wrap, but I'll take some photos of it if you want to see it.
“You're giving me the ‘it's not you, it's me’ routine? I invented ‘it's not you, it's me.’ Nobody tells me it's them not me; if it's anybody, it's me.”  ~ George Costanza