Author Topic: Giving Away a Beaten-up, Rev A iMac that still runs OS 9  (Read 2544 times)

Offline keithiepoo

• Enthusiast Member
Giving Away a Beaten-up, Rev A iMac that still runs OS 9
« on: July 05, 2022, 10:36:47 PM »
I have no use for it myself, but he still functions (at least he booted up successfully when I last tried a few weeks ago), and could use a good home.

There is some external damage (see photos). And, there is no keyboard or mouse.

But, I'm NOT looking to sell. I'm perfectly fine giving him away. All I ask is that you cover shipping if you live outside the Mesa, AZ area. That shipping may come to somewhere around $100.
“You're giving me the ‘it's not you, it's me’ routine? I invented ‘it's not you, it's me.’ Nobody tells me it's them not me; if it's anybody, it's me.”  ~ George Costanza

Offline refinery

• Gold Member
Re: Giving Away a Beaten-up, Rev A iMac that still runs OS 9
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2022, 11:34:54 PM »
I'd be interested, and, in luck... I live in Tempe.
got my mind on my scsi and my scsi on my mind

Offline keithiepoo

• Enthusiast Member
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2022, 11:49:23 PM »
Oh beautiful. Would you like to meet up this Saturday at maybe a Starbucks or something midway between us? Or, do you have another preferred way of retrieving the machine?
“You're giving me the ‘it's not you, it's me’ routine? I invented ‘it's not you, it's me.’ Nobody tells me it's them not me; if it's anybody, it's me.”  ~ George Costanza

Offline refinery

• Gold Member
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2022, 12:25:32 AM »
Where are you at in Mesa? I'm right off Broadway and the 101. Happy to meet up wherever.

Offline keithiepoo

• Enthusiast Member
« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2022, 12:31:00 AM »
Hmm... it's late and with my fried brain I'm still trying to juggle a few things. Let me think about this and get back to you. I'll pick somewhere roughly (hopefully) equidistant between us.

TTYS,

Keith

Offline keithiepoo

• Enthusiast Member
« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2022, 09:52:00 AM »
Where are you at in Mesa? I'm right off Broadway and the 101. Happy to meet up wherever.

There's a Walgreen's near the corner of Stapley and Southern. I figure the parking lot there's a good place to ... pass off the package (sounds like we're doing something illegal  ;D)).

Let me know what you think.

Also, if this works for you, how is 2pm for a time?

Offline refinery

• Gold Member
« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2022, 12:09:22 AM »
Sent you a PM

Offline keithiepoo

• Enthusiast Member
« Reply #7 on: July 07, 2022, 12:19:06 AM »
Responded in kind.