Author Topic: Sending MIDI data to a SampleCell II card from an external device  (Read 2273 times)

Offline coca

So I'm pretty new to OS 9, and something I can't wrap my head around is OMS and sending MIDI data to a connected interface and over to the SampleCell card. OMS has dedicated SC integration, and just going through the options in both OMS and the SampleCell Editor, I'm not sure how exactly to configure it, so it probably has something to do with my studio setup. Or it could be the interface itself (M-Audio FireWire 410). Currently it's not working with the setup, so if I can't resolve the issue with it then I will most likely look for a different interface ... and double check to make sure it has an actual OS 9 driver before buying.

My question is, if the interface isn't the issue, then is there any special software I need besides OMS and the SC Editor to run MIDI into the card from an external MIDI device? To elaborate further on my setup, I'll be sending MIDI from an interface connected to my PC to the interface connected to the Mac.

Offline rvense

• Veteran Member
  • Lombard & son
Re: Sending MIDI data to a SampleCell II card from an external device
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2022, 01:38:35 PM »
In the SampleCell editor, you need to enable it from one of the menus. I don't have my card in right now so I can't screenshot it for you, but there's something about input monitoring that has to be enabled.

Offline coca

Re: Sending MIDI data to a SampleCell II card from an external device
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2022, 06:33:41 AM »
I'm not sure about an input monitoring option in the editor. There's the Monitor SampleCell window, which just shows statistics for RAM usage. Referring to the online addendum, it doesn't mention anything beyond what I've already configured in the editor and OMS, so it seems like the culprit is the interface I was using (there have been countless reports across the forum of the FW 410 being extremely finicky or just straight up not working at all on OS 9). I'll be looking for a different one when I get the chance and see if that fixes the issue.