Author Topic: Apple Soundmanagerdriver for Yamaha CBX D5  (Read 24560 times)

Offline smilesdavis

• Platinum Member
Re: Apple Soundmanagerdriver for Yamaha CBX D5
« Reply #60 on: January 05, 2023, 03:36:02 PM »
applesauce would be the best way imho to preserve it

i think 2.5 is in the anthology (but im not sure since im using the legit)
Looking for: Steinberg Cubase MAC Standard/Score v1-5 & Cubase Audio v1, Cubase Audio v2 for, Cubase Audio v3 for DAE/TDM => complete or in parts

Offline P.O.

• Veteran Member
« Reply #61 on: January 06, 2023, 10:16:47 AM »
I have installed DP 1.71 and frobbed all my might on this, but there is no way the CBX-D5 responds to it. It works fine with the Digidesign hardware, but the CBX is a no-go.

Now I have a backlog of real work to do.

I'll certainly do that. The CBX is still in the basement, but I unearthed the Quadra to experiment with the digidesign cards and interfaces. I only have to find time now...

https://filebin.net/2h1dmp2u2yjjbcff

Anyway, before diving any deeper, here's an interesting first tidbit. Apparently, DP1.71 has some CBX D5 resources in it.

Try to install it and see if it works. Maybe there's no need to waste time with 1.41.
Install 1.7 -> apply 1.71 update -> apply patch.

I had a good laugh seeing this after so many years  :D

He was THE man!

Offline cyberish

• Veteran Member
  • new to the forums
« Reply #62 on: January 06, 2023, 11:47:36 AM »
applesauce would be the best way imho to preserve it

i think 2.5 is in the anthology (but im not sure since im using the legit)

yes, you are right. Logic 2.5 is in the anthology. will try soon

Offline P.O.

• Veteran Member
« Reply #63 on: January 09, 2023, 01:43:24 PM »
If someone could unlock or reprogram the "CBX mixdown" program, it could make the CBX much more useful by giving access to routing, EQ and effects. That with the Yamaha "CBX extension" would take the CBXes out of the Boat Anchor department...

Offline smilesdavis

• Platinum Member
« Reply #64 on: January 09, 2023, 03:37:59 PM »
If someone could unlock or reprogram the "CBX mixdown" program, it could make the CBX much more useful by giving access to routing, EQ and effects. That with the Yamaha "CBX extension" would take the CBXes out of the Boat Anchor department...

Boat Anchor Department. if there ever was a name for a retro website.
Looking for: Steinberg Cubase MAC Standard/Score v1-5 & Cubase Audio v1, Cubase Audio v2 for, Cubase Audio v3 for DAE/TDM => complete or in parts

Offline ssp3

• Platinum Member
« Reply #65 on: January 09, 2023, 04:49:09 PM »
Why don't you ask the author of the program? The ticket was AUD 120 back in 1996.
https://andronikos.net/About-me.html
If you're not part of the solution, you're part of the problem.

Offline smilesdavis

• Platinum Member

Offline smilesdavis

• Platinum Member
« Reply #67 on: January 10, 2023, 01:35:39 AM »
I also found a collection of message excerpts I had gathered on CompuServe (!) regarding the CBX...

i am currently doing research on google groups. what is this CompuServe please and how to access it, please?

Offline P.O.

• Veteran Member
« Reply #68 on: January 10, 2023, 07:27:24 AM »
Ha!
that betrays your tender young age my friend...
at the beginning of the internet, when we old farts used Macs 512 with dial-in modems and used diskettes, Compuserve was a site that hosted a plethora of different newsgroups of various interests. I went there to search and read threads regarding my interests, in this case digital audio (if such a group existed then) or maybe MIDI, etc.
Compuserve vanished forever maybe fifteen years ago. I doubt there's any archive of that. 

Regarding "MixDown CBX-D5 Demo", I downloaded this package in 1999. It was, as the name says, a demo: some functions didn't work, and the authorization cost was high ($120 Australian dollars), so I didn't buy it. I don't know if the version that's pointed to is unlocked, I'll have to check that. I have now dismantled my historic setup cause I needed the space, so that won't be anytime soon.

Offline smilesdavis

• Platinum Member
« Reply #69 on: January 10, 2023, 08:13:04 AM »
I found it with google dunno if its unlocked or *can* be unlocked but its a step further

Compuserve i took a wiki dive and sadly it seems it isnt browseable to this day like google groups is

Offline P.O.

• Veteran Member
« Reply #70 on: January 10, 2023, 08:34:24 AM »
Probably someone familiar enough with MAX 3.5 could unlock it or recreate it. If I had too much free time I'd try to do something similar with MidiBASIC...