Author Topic: Apple Soundmanagerdriver for Yamaha CBX D5  (Read 24250 times)

Offline cyberish

• Veteran Member
  • new to the forums
Re: Apple Soundmanagerdriver for Yamaha CBX D5
« Reply #20 on: February 25, 2014, 06:34:59 AM »
I guess you tried to contact MOTU ?!?

Offline P.O.

• Veteran Member
« Reply #21 on: February 25, 2014, 08:52:22 AM »
MOTU endorses a strict proof of ownership policy before they give you something.
Since I got DP 1.4Y "used" when I bought my used CBX and never proceeded with a transfer of ownership with the previous owner, I was denied assistance...

Pierre

macStuff

« Reply #22 on: May 02, 2018, 02:29:20 PM »
they should allow their manufactured products to be used effectively otherwise they are contributing to E-Waste unneccessarily..
support the people who have their hands on your products.. people die. property is passed on to next generations.
obviously it was paid for at some point otherwise we wouldnt have it in our hands.. we didnt exactly break into MOTU HQ and rip them off for a 20 year old interface

its really foolish their policy - they need to make the support materials public

Offline DieHard

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #23 on: May 02, 2018, 03:53:33 PM »
Actually MOTU is probably the best company as far keeping their old "stuff" usable. 

I recently got an 828 MKII (circa 2004) working on El Capitan since they do an amazing job updating drivers/software; that is why other manufacturer's interfaces in the same era go for less that $20 on ebay and MOTU stuff kinda holds some resale value. 

There are dozens of other really expensive interfaces that peak out at Mountain Lion or Lower which really sucks for some :(

Most companies say "sorry, your excellent, really expensive interface, is not worth our time to re-write some drivers... but we have this new _____, oh yeah, it's thunderbolt, so just replace the entire computer, OS, and DAW software while your at it and you can be current, oh, thanks for the call, did I answer all your questions ? survey to follow "

Offline smilesdavis

• Platinum Member
« Reply #24 on: September 29, 2022, 02:04:25 AM »
is there a cracked version of motu y for cbx d3?
Looking for: Steinberg Cubase MAC Standard/Score v1-5 & Cubase Audio v1, Cubase Audio v2 for, Cubase Audio v3 for DAE/TDM => complete or in parts

Offline cyberish

• Veteran Member
  • new to the forums
« Reply #25 on: September 29, 2022, 05:18:46 AM »
i never tried this one....

Offline smilesdavis

• Platinum Member
« Reply #26 on: September 29, 2022, 07:10:36 AM »
niceeee
Looking for: Steinberg Cubase MAC Standard/Score v1-5 & Cubase Audio v1, Cubase Audio v2 for, Cubase Audio v3 for DAE/TDM => complete or in parts

Offline P.O.

• Veteran Member
« Reply #27 on: January 01, 2023, 07:35:16 AM »
Will this work with the CBX-D5???
that would be awesome!

Offline smilesdavis

• Platinum Member
« Reply #28 on: January 01, 2023, 08:10:02 AM »
Will this work with the CBX-D5???
that would be awesome!

Cubase Audio ST/PC/Mac

+

AUDIO HARDWARE
MOTU have taken a conscious decision to support the higher end of the direct-to-disk/digital audio market, and so Digital
Performer v1.7 does not support the rather limited audio facilities (and nasty connectors!) offered by Apple's Sound Manager
3.0 and upwards, nor does it support the Yamaha CBX hardware that the special version 1.41Y did
. Instead, MOTU now
concentrate exclusively on Digidesign hardware, from the simple plug-in cards of Audiomedia II (NuBus) and III (PCI), via what was once Session 8 and is now called Pro Tools Project, through to the fully professional and comprehensibly expandable Pro Tools III systems. Supporting just one manufacturer's equipment pays dividends in consistency and simplicity, and makes setting up much easier for the end user.
The review setup was based upon a low-end Pro Tools system, giving 4-voice polyphony and eight audio inputs/outputs.
(There is more information on Digidesign systems in this month's Apple Notes column; see pages 122/3.)

you are looking for 1.41Y

Offline P.O.

• Veteran Member
« Reply #29 on: January 01, 2023, 09:48:13 AM »
I already have DP 1.41Y. lost all my installs, can't do anything with it. I know I could use Logic (and Cubase Audio it seems) but I'm not familiar with either and I have no desire whatsoever to learn yet another DAW.
The impression was given that DP 1.7 would work. I guess I'll just give up on the CBX-D5.

Offline smilesdavis

• Platinum Member
« Reply #30 on: January 01, 2023, 11:33:43 AM »
I already have DP 1.41Y. lost all my installs, can't do anything with it. I know I could use Logic (and Cubase Audio it seems) but I'm not familiar with either and I have no desire whatsoever to learn yet another DAW.
The impression was given that DP 1.7 would work. I guess I'll just give up on the CBX-D5.

lost installs? did you kryoflux, applesauce or greazeweasle the auth floppy before you installed?

if you got a cbx-d5 for sale in europe, i just missed buying one for 40 eurs. and im pretty upset about it :D

Offline P.O.

• Veteran Member
« Reply #31 on: January 01, 2023, 01:14:19 PM »
"did you kryoflux, applesauce or greazeweasle the auth floppy before you installed?"

WTF are these things???
Did they exist twenty years ago when I did that install?
I doubt...

My CBX could be for sale, but it's in Canada.

Offline smilesdavis

• Platinum Member
« Reply #32 on: January 01, 2023, 02:44:10 PM »
is there a grumpy grandpa convention today? did i miss the memo

Offline ssp3

• Platinum Member
« Reply #33 on: January 01, 2023, 04:38:58 PM »

No, but you did miss a lot of netiquette lessons, that's fur sure.
If you're not part of the solution, you're part of the problem.

Offline ssp3

• Platinum Member
« Reply #34 on: January 01, 2023, 04:44:29 PM »
I already have DP 1.41Y. lost all my installs, can't do anything with it.

Put it up somewhere, like Filebin net or similar, I might take a look.

P.S. Have you ever used tools like ResEdit, ResCompare, Resourcerer and MacsBug? ;)

Offline smilesdavis

• Platinum Member
« Reply #35 on: January 01, 2023, 05:03:26 PM »

No, but you did miss a lot of netiquette lessons, that's fur sure.

eye of the beholder

Offline P.O.

• Veteran Member
« Reply #36 on: January 01, 2023, 07:21:57 PM »
I already have DP 1.41Y. lost all my installs, can't do anything with it.

Put it up somewhere, like Filebin net or similar, I might take a look.

P.S. Have you ever used tools like ResEdit, ResCompare, Resourcerer and MacsBug? ;)

Yes I have used those in the past.

The installer is fine, but the software won't run because the authorization diskette has no more authorizations. to boot (!) it is also corrupt.. I wouldn't be able to post it as I can't even read it!

Offline ssp3

• Platinum Member
« Reply #37 on: January 01, 2023, 08:41:27 PM »
I ment DP 1.41Y software, not authorizer. Is it ok? Can you install it? Can you run it up to the point where it asks for authorization?

Offline IIO

• Platinum Member
  • just a number
« Reply #38 on: January 02, 2023, 12:02:40 AM »
with macsbug installed, that is.

he is going to show you how to run it without the floppy key.
insert arbitrary signature here

Offline smilesdavis

• Platinum Member