Author Topic: Ajusting display area in Mac OS 9.2.2  (Read 2400 times)

Offline SabithaSuki

• Enthusiast Member
Ajusting display area in Mac OS 9.2.2
« on: February 10, 2022, 08:29:51 PM »
So my Mac Mini G4 project I've been doing has a screen that is ever so slightly larger than the mounting bracket I am using (Its a macintosh classic curve smoother for LCD's), so my question is for Mac OS 9.2.2. and or 10.5.8, is there a way to adjust how much of the screen is filled / apply a crt style pincushion effect to shear the display image in a proper shape. I am aware of stuff like SwitchRes2 and SwitchResX, but that only handles the resolution side of things, not the actual image quality. The screen settings I have don't allow me to properly align the image without parts getting cut off by the bezel.

I don't want to have to resort right out the gate to invest in a new screen, so any help would be vital.

Offline Cashed

• Enthusiast Member
  • ⏺ ⏪ ⏸ ⏩ 🌐
Re: Ajusting display area in Mac OS 9.2.2
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2022, 04:19:29 AM »
Hi SabithaSuki

Have you tried any of these?
Stepping Out II
Big Screen
On Mac OS 9, you may have to use PowerFPU for the above linked apps to work.

It would be cool, if you would attach a screenshot of you project and of the issue.

*Update: Just found something correlating to your issue. If the software doesn't work, (you still need a version for Mac OS X), you may need to make a hardware modification. Sense Line Selection and Horizontal Deflection Voltage are explained in this YouTube
I'm guessing your issue looks like this?
« Last Edit: February 11, 2022, 07:25:21 AM by Cashed »
Browse the Web from ANY Old Tech using ANY Web Browser: FrogFind!68k.news by Action Retro -F/P after Avast update.

Offline SabithaSuki

• Enthusiast Member
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2022, 11:43:59 AM »
Ah no I'm using an LCD not a CRT. Here's what I have; a 9.7 inch LCD panel. I think I can run it in 1024 x 768 and just use Stepping out or Big Screen to force an 800 x 600 view mode in the visible space. Sorry I couldn't get a screenshot of the desktop, I hadn't gotten everything set up 100% yet.

Offline SabithaSuki

• Enthusiast Member
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2022, 09:28:48 PM »
Okay decided to just replace the monitor instead. Turns out most of the software works for ajusting UPPER resolution, not lower. Thanks for the advice that have been provided but things Aint sticking it seems.