Author Topic: AI·OS  (Read 2419 times)

Offline Cashed

• Enthusiast Member
  • ⏺ ⏪ ⏸ ⏩ 🌐
AI·OS
« on: February 01, 2022, 03:47:46 AM »
Expanding the Possibilities of Mac OS 9.3, and Beyond ! Post

Discussion.
Should Mac OS 9.3 be AI based? -or have some AI integrated in OS-level?
Show the present -what the past has to offer.

My Lisp are sealed but Google does not have any speech defects.
Browse the Web from ANY Old Tech using ANY Web Browser: FrogFind!68k.news by Action Retro -F/P after Avast update.

Offline bfcastello

• Enthusiast Member
Re: AI·OS
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2022, 07:47:00 AM »
Amazon Alexa's API is better and depending of how the API works, would be interesting to have one on OS 9.

Recently I have seen some works with Raspberry Pi's devices creating smart mirrors using Alexa's API.

One would probably need to have a modern backend in the middle to communicate with the OS 9. A public server, maybe. Problem: Smart things like Siri, Alexa and OK Google are pretty invasive.

Offline rvense

• Veteran Member
  • Lombard & son
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2022, 01:32:56 PM »
What?

I use OS9 to ignore the last 20 years of so-called progress in computing. That's the entire thing I like about it.

Offline Cashed

• Enthusiast Member
  • ⏺ ⏪ ⏸ ⏩ 🌐
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2022, 06:44:34 AM »
Expanding the Possibilities of Mac OS 9.3, and Beyond ! Post

It sounds more HAL 9000 than it actually is.
I always read through every link before posting. However as a google search will constantly change the displayed search results, I'm posting one of the original links. Most won't read unless it's served on a plate right in front of them.
I'm not joining the discussion, this is for the developers and programmers of Mac OS 9.3.
Posting - The whole point of a forum, posting allows users to express themselves, so do please keep posting.

AI Operating System
Written by Bhagvan Kommadi
»Founder, Quantica Computacao, A member of the MIT Technology Review Global Panel, a community of business professionals

Introduction

AI based operating system can have features related to software management , hardware management and common system services. The key differentiator from classical operating system will be the intelligence in the management of the system. Operating system architecture evolved from old IBM Mainframe to linux and macOS. Windows metro showed some of the features of Artificial intelligence in the operating system. Strong Artificial intelligence based methods are used for AI operating system. Fuzzy logic, expert system, neural networks, pattern recognition, prediction, and other AI features are used to develop the AI operating system.

Artificial Intelligence based Operations system has perceptive intelligence, imaginations context specific search, context priming, abstraction association al thinking and other AI techniques. These methods help in cutting down the operation time by using parallelization of processes, good management of memory, and improved security. New operating systems have digital assistants, translation services, voice recognition, user interaction, profile management, security scanning, and user reporting.

Like shown in holly wood movies, AI based operating system can advise, instruct, assist, demonstrate, derive, explain, interpret, predict, justify and suggest to the user during his tasks on the computer or mobile device. It acts like a companion to the user while performing tasks. The operating system has capability to learn and evolve using the historical interaction, personal preferences, profiles and interactions. The interactions with user can be command line, voice, text based, and gestures. The operating system can provide capability to integrate with IOT. For example, home automation and security can be integrated easily.

Operating System Features

The operating system consists of kernel, shell and system services. User interacts with the terminal for shell services. The services are components related to authentication, authorization, scheduling, managing files, and reporting. The kernel has capability to scale elastically, execute run-time independent of the technology stack, and abstract the container from specific implementation. The containers can be easily deployable across different clouds.

This operating system will be useful for AI based data modeling, machine learning, and deep learning. The data need to be processed and analyzed for training, testing and executing the AI models. The operating system can select the specific container which has the technology stack to analyze the machine learning models. It can be based on Tensor Flow, Keras, Caffe, scikit-learn or R based technology stack. Managing and integrating with different data sources will be easy in the operating system as it is AI based.

Using the elasticity pattern, operating system can scale easily using multiple nodes and storage management features. It can have features such as self correcting, self optimizing and auto scaling. The operating system can have discoverability services related to finding the different services, functions, models, data sources, and technological components. Similar to App Stores, this operating system will have an app store which will have applications which can be deploy-able easily. Vendors and developers can publish the applications.

System Life Cycle

Like a classical operating system, the important features remain same from booting to shut down. The code runs from the boot disk and locates the partition boot record. This record locates the booting specific code files. These files are loaded for execution. After the loading of the files, user is presented with a user friendly interface. At this point, the services related to artificial intelligence methods are initialized. Boot sequence ensures starting these services to help the user to perform his tasks.

AI services take over from the boot module and help the user to process his requests by command line, text, gestures, user interface menus, and voice. These services keep track of user data, patterns, navigation, behavior, and use the data for learning. The communication services use signal based channels to send and receive messages. AI Basic module is processing information and helping different services to manage the system. User actions are stored and updated in a data store. The application specific behavior, file naming, organization of content, and information processing are persisted in the data store.
To handle language processing related to voice, text, and command line methods, NLP & NLU modules are used to process the content. Neural network based module helps in learning the user input patterns in voice, text and gestures. Personal usernames, passwords, preferences, profile data to fill the forms, and user data are stored in a secured data store. The operating system provides a better login experience where there is minimal inputs from the user.

Social media access and user interaction with social media in a secure way is one of the features of the operating system. The operating system will have components to access content, media files, local files, internet from a user application. The application will have friendly user interface to help user to navigate and locate the right content. The operating system’s basic module stores the user interaction and learns from the user actions.

Digital assistant will be with user to help him to execute complex tasks. It can help in reporting, researching, advising, explaining, and deriving like Iron Man’s Jarvis. The assistant can manage schedules, schedule meetings, execute changes, create search based reports, and track on social media. The operating system will have a personal assistant which handle routine tasks and learning different skills. It can be used for researching, scheduling and managing the operating system. System wide changes, social media tracking, taking notes, reminder, and alert management are the capabilities of the digital assistant.

The operating system will be able to handle multi media. The media can be played from internet, local files system, and cloud from the media player. The media can be accessed from the cloud from any device like laptop, tablets, mobile phone and browser. The operating system has key feature of high availability. It will have desktop clients, online terminal access, mobile app, and SSL access from any other platforms. The input methods can be sensory inputs, keyboard, mouse , touch pad, and other gesture input based. The operating system can be configured for tasks which are event based. The actions are executed based on the events and system learns the patterns to create automatically for similar events.

The vision is to create a SDK which can have tool set for developing apps and managing a store to make the apps available from different vendors and developers.

Browse the Web from ANY Old Tech using ANY Web Browser: FrogFind!68k.news by Action Retro -F/P after Avast update.

Offline refinery

• Gold Member
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2022, 03:06:32 PM »
I get what you're saying but something of that scope is wildly out of reach with the resources we have available to us. We can't even keep a modern web browser going for OS9, let alone an entire operating system. You'd be one API change from having the whole thing collapse and Amazon, et al, don't even care if they upset paying customers, let alone a handful of users on an ancient operating system.
I just don't think something of that scope is a reasonable expectation given the reality on the ground for people still running these machines.
got my mind on my scsi and my scsi on my mind

Offline Metrophage

• Veteran Member
« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2022, 05:36:43 PM »
IMO the best bet for AI in OS 9 is to get Macintosh Common Lisp and learn that. It is a classic AI programming language with a nice IDE and has ties into the OS toolbox routines.