Author Topic: Focusrite Scarlett Solo on OS 9 ?  (Read 2794 times)

Offline zefrenchtoon

• Veteran Member
Focusrite Scarlett Solo on OS 9 ?
« on: January 31, 2022, 01:05:03 PM »
Hello DAWers ! :)

Do you know if I can hope to use a Focusrite Scarlett Solo on OS 9 ?

Thanks for your answers !

Offline GaryN

• Platinum Member
Re: Focusrite Scarlett Solo on OS 9 ?
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2022, 03:04:35 PM »
Both you and edd_jedi with his Phonic Firefly, also posting today, have the same problem, so you're both going to get the same answer.
You have modern audio interfaces that don't have - because they don't need - any drivers.
Today's Macs ever since early OSX, use Apple Core Audio where audio devices are recognized as "class compliant" and are automatically treated as audio i/o. Since OS9 pre-dates that, there are no drivers or allowances for such in the Mac hardware.
There were (once upon a time) Steinberg ASIO (Audio Stream Input/Output) drivers for Macs (and still are for new Windoze) provided by the interface manufacturers but since it's only we the few, the proud, the brave using ancient obsolete Model-T computers, they don't bother to do that specially for us.

Not what you wanted to hear I know, but unfortunately it's reality.

Offline zefrenchtoon

• Veteran Member
Re: Focusrite Scarlett Solo on OS 9 ?
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2022, 12:04:01 AM »
Thank you Gary ! :)

I don't own this device. I was just thinking about buying one so before, I asked if I would be able to use it or not ...

I was aware that the answer would be the one you gave me. I was hoping something about USB audio, standard etc. That's why I asked.

Regards :)