Author Topic: os9.ca  (Read 3836 times)

Offline siddhartha77

• Newcomer
os9.ca
« on: January 03, 2022, 10:06:52 AM »
os9.ca

I figured you'd all appreciate this site. It was setup to be a static archive of files from the Underground of the era, but there are a ton of Easter Eggs if you go digging. For the best experience, use a desktop.

Offline GaryN

• Platinum Member
Re: os9.ca
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2022, 02:09:18 PM »
Wow! You get an A+ for content AND presentation!

This looks like a great way to spend…… I dunno… a long time  ;D

Offline Cashed

• Enthusiast Member
  • ⏺ ⏪ ⏸ ⏩ 🌐
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2022, 02:44:38 PM »
Supercalafragilisticexpialidocious, already found one Easter egg.
Would like to join the Captain's Quarters II, but can't seem to type the '@' needed for the email, been all over my keyboard. Spend a long time, just like GaryN predicted. Maybe ones not meant to join the Quarters.
Awesome site
Browse the Web from ANY Old Tech using ANY Web Browser: FrogFind!68k.news by Action Retro -F/P after Avast update.

Offline DieHard

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2022, 09:41:34 PM »
I am Speechless, this is so cool !

WTF is going on lately with Mac OS 9, first the Mac OS Nostalgia...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2DwJNQMBCOk&t=272s

and Now this !

Offline Bolkonskij

• Gold Member
    • Cornica.org
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2022, 04:44:25 AM »
Supercalafragilisticexpialidocious, already found one Easter egg.
Would like to join the Captain's Quarters II, but can't seem to type the '@' needed for the email, been all over my keyboard.

Go here and download the ASCII Chart accessory. When downloaded, take the app out of the suitcase and run it. It'll show all chars in your font like here and what key invokes them. I had the same problem with a few special chars and that was a great help. The Captain's Quarters is way cool to visit, so it's worth the two minutes of your time ;)

Unfortunately, can't seem to open os9.ca due to encryption. Any chance you might be adding http too?
Reel changer over at cornica.org

Offline Cashed

• Enthusiast Member
  • ⏺ ⏪ ⏸ ⏩ 🌐
« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2022, 08:03:55 AM »
Quote from: Bolkonskij[/quote

Go here and download the ASCII Chart accessory ;)

Awesome! Thanks for confirming it works. Yup, thought of that, have it on my 4 other Macs, just hadn't gotten around to installing it on my OS9 yet. Thanks for the links

Quote from: DieHard[/quote

WTF is going on lately with Mac OS 9...?

I've noticed it too. New incoming retrowave approaching, this time around it's a tidal bore.
Browse the Web from ANY Old Tech using ANY Web Browser: FrogFind!68k.news by Action Retro -F/P after Avast update.

Offline siddhartha77

• Newcomer
« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2022, 10:19:37 AM »
Thanks for all the kind comments! The CQII BBS is a bit finicky because the JavaScript emulator actually uses a proxy for proper display. If there's an abrupt termination, the BBS blocks all connections from the proxy server, disabling access from os9.ca. I'm still working with the sysop to resolve this.

Unfortunately, can't seem to open os9.ca due to encryption. Any chance you might be adding http too?

It should work now without encryption, but you must use a modern browser because of all the JavaScript.

Offline lepidotos

• Enthusiast Member
« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2022, 01:32:20 AM »
I am Speechless, this is so cool !

WTF is going on lately with Mac OS 9, first the Mac OS Nostalgia...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2DwJNQMBCOk&t=272s

and Now this !
20 year cycle. Things from 20 years ago tend to be popular -- the '50s in the '70s, for instance -- and it just so happens Mac OS 9 was current about 20 years ago. Also why Power Mac G4s ars $250 on eBay.