Author Topic: Taxi / Pedal / Dwarf  (Read 2434 times)

Offline FBz

• Platinum Member
  • Fury-Fungus FdB/FBz
Taxi / Pedal / Dwarf
« on: December 20, 2021, 08:42:14 AM »
Oh woe was me.

Picked up a Behringer SF300 Super Fuzz pedal recently in a seemingly never ending quest for Keith Richards’ / Rolling Stones (Can’t Get No) Satisfaction fuzz. And while the pedal is extremely inexpensive (cheap!) it provided very nearly what I had sought (for many hours, upon first sitting).

Attached to the easiest available (within reach) amp… The Crate Taxi, I made most glorious noise before deciding that the neighbors had likely had more than enough. Days later… let’s do it again!

Same setup… nothing other than extreme, very high end response. (Taxi has a 2” tweeter.) I dreaded the possibility of fried IC chips from the previous huge push through the little Taxi amp. I had destroyed it? (And it... a very rare bird indeed.)

Nope. The 20+ year-old speaker had just given up. This, only discovered after poring over schematics for all the soldered in-place ICs. Slapped a suitable Celestion speaker in it and voila! Sat-is-fac-tion.

In other news… there’s a Dwarf amp listed on eBay today! https://www.ebay.com/itm/154757059393?

First one I’ve seen in a very long time. Of course, wondered if I should share this info here as it the lowest production numbered model I’ve yet to see (and of course I’d love to have it). But I already have more than my fair share. Thought maybe someone here might wanna give it a go?

I’ll be watching. (And possibly bidding.)

Unlike the Behringer pedal, the Dwarf isn’t made of plastic and they are becoming more and more (and more) rare.

Offline IIO

• Platinum Member
  • just a number
Re: Taxi / Pedal / Dwarf
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2021, 10:00:17 AM »
behringer gear sounds always distorted, except the distortion pedal.

SNCR
insert arbitrary signature here