Author Topic: Netatalk for modern Intel and Apple Silicon Macs  (Read 3670 times)

Offline dgsga

• Newcomer
  • new to the forums
Netatalk for modern Intel and Apple Silicon Macs
« on: November 02, 2021, 12:05:32 PM »
Hi All
I just wanted to let you know about my port of Netatalk 3 for modern Intel and M1 Macs. It allows for hassle free file sharing between your modern Mac running macOS Mojave - Monterey and your much more interesting PPC Mac running Mac OS 9. Use Chooser or Network Browser on OS 9 to log in to the fileserver on your OSX machine. Go here:
https://github.com/dgsga/netatalk
Enjoy!

Offline IIO

• Platinum Member
  • just a number
Re: Netatalk for modern Intel and Apple Silicon Macs
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2021, 01:19:02 AM »
...binaries?
insert arbitrary signature here

Offline Bolkonskij

• Gold Member
    • Cornica.org
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2021, 04:11:33 AM »
Yeah, maybe you could upload it to the Macintosh Garden @dgsga and to give it the exposure it probably deserves? It sounds spiffy, but there's some questions left and I can't even open your github link on Mac OS 9 (where I suppose I'd find answers to those questions)
Reel changer over at cornica.org

Offline bfcastello

• Enthusiast Member
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2022, 06:44:59 PM »
I'm curious as to how it would work? Imagine if I had compiled the binary and wanted to share the Downloads folder from my user directory on macOS Monterey to MacOS 9.2, how should I configure afp.conf?

Actually, I can access my Time Capsule shares from MacOS 9.2 using DAVE, because Time Capsule supports SMBv1.

Reading the instructions to build and compile this, I am not really keen on installing some brew dependencies like mysql (I had just removed it along with other stuff I previously used to have a local web development environment, and I moved all my web work to an Ubuntu virtual machine).
« Last Edit: February 24, 2022, 07:19:45 PM by bfcastello »

Offline IIO

• Platinum Member
  • just a number
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2022, 05:54:59 AM »
pm him, i dont think he reads here
insert arbitrary signature here