Author Topic: Powermac 7200/90 storage options?  (Read 2200 times)

Offline NigelNowhere

• Valued Member
Powermac 7200/90 storage options?
« on: June 25, 2021, 12:48:33 PM »
I was wondering what alternate to SCSI I might have. I have recently received a 7200/90 and want it to be a dedicated os8 or 9 machine. However the 500mb drive inside is of unknown condition. It happy chimes and seems to try and boot, but I am currently waiting on a DB15 to VGA adapter.

So, I know there is a SCSI to SD card adapter but I have heard that it is note for 030 / 040 machines and the PowerMacs can’t use it. I was wondering if there were any PCI / IDE / USB cards that might work. Or possibly a PCI SSD / SD card solution.

Thanks in advance

Offline IIO

• Platinum Member
  • just a number
Re: Powermac 7200/90 storage options?
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2021, 08:18:48 PM »
back in the days i had a combined usb and firewire card and firewire seems the most simple solution until today.

you might also find an OS7/OS9 compatible IDE card, but as you know there is not much free space inside to place disks.
insert arbitrary signature here

Offline DracheMitch

Re: Powermac 7200/90 storage options?
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2021, 03:57:11 PM »
The SCSI2SD works in all Macs. The latest model is under $100. BlueSCSI is the device that only works with 68k Macs, and it’s not a very good product (I know from having bought 3), anyway.

The cool part about the SCSI2SD v6.1 is that you can access the SD card over USB without having to remove it from the Mac, if you mount it somewhere convenient (I always ditch the floppy drive).