Author Topic: The Future of MacOS9Lives...  (Read 15624 times)

Offline DieHard

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum Member
Re: The Future of MacOS9Lives...
« Reply #60 on: July 08, 2021, 10:11:16 PM »
All Downloads about 50% up and running...

Offline damo-blak

• Valued Member
« Reply #61 on: July 10, 2021, 06:14:15 AM »
All Downloads about 50% up and running...

good work!

Offline DieHard

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #62 on: July 12, 2021, 10:42:53 AM »
To all PMs and Moderator reports I am receiving...

We will be 100% back in about 5 to 7 days, sorry for the inconvenience.

I am going as quick as I can upload and make the new links

Unfortunately it's taking a little longer than expected since we have lost about 60% of our download images overtime, due to linking images from other external sites that are now gone.  Many OS9 references on other sites are now bye bye, so I am strongly recommending that any pictures be attached to posts and then placed in the body of the post with the following method...
1) Created the new post and attach the picture as an attachment
2) Save the post
3) right click on the attachment pic and get "copy image link" or anything that gets you the URL
4) edit the post and insert code similar to this (with the correct topic and attachment number) you got from the link
img width=500]http://macos9lives.com/smforum/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=6012.0;attach=8766;image[/img
And remember to start the code line with a bracket [ and end with a closed bracket ]

This method will keep all pics alive for the future

To get all download boards fixed, I use this method

A) Re-Upload all cd images to Google Drive
B) Find and download any broken pics
C) Get all new file links
D) edit post with new pics and links
E) Test post

So it takes a while, but we will get there, and the new advantage is that I can add a lot more items in 2021 since we now have more room

I would love if you guys can re-test new download links with classilla and other stuff and make sure "Java" is globally enabled when you do it, although I am guessing OS9 browsers will no longer support or download boards, if an OS9 workaround is discovered, please post it
« Last Edit: July 12, 2021, 11:26:22 AM by DieHard »

Offline fabiolimasiq

• Enthusiast Member
  • !!! Long Live MacOS9Lives !!!
« Reply #63 on: July 12, 2021, 01:09:11 PM »
I want to take the opportunity to say that I really appreciate your work

For me, being "up to date" with my Apple Powermac g4 Quicksilver using the wonderful software we have here available for Mac OS 9 and and have a place to share technical information about Mac OS 9 DAW makes me happy, brings to my music a special way of coming to life, an MacOS9Lives way 8)

Congratulations and long life to MacOS9Lives!!!! Thank you!
PowerMac G4 Quicksilver

Offline DieHard

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #64 on: July 13, 2021, 11:35:35 PM »
The future's so bright I gotta wear shades

OK, the marathon is over !  The real bitch was re-uploading the VSTi Dowload Boards with massive toast images...

Finally, done, we should 100% on all downloads and I even found a bunch that we never got to post, so re-organizing was actually a gift :)

I will be hunting down down errors, so I promise not to ignore any Moderator reports or PMs. Please PM me if any links are broken.

Offline TheOdinnson

• 80's GingerBearded Viking Nerd
« Reply #65 on: July 23, 2021, 07:40:50 PM »
Ya'll I'm still fresh faced registered noob here but I've read and used your site for years.
I have kinda speed read some of the top posts from the likes of Diehard, Mactron and IIO and to be honest if it came down to it I'd be fine without site downloads. That's what Macintosh Garden and MR are for.

The comrodery *typo* and community that you all have created is what gets new, shy folks like myself who have lived ate and breathed tech since they were in diapers ...to come online and be social.

Do whatever it takes to keep this dream, this work of heart alive and well. 

Don't hesitate to reach out for help.

--TheOdinnson
The wise are always grateful.
The meek are the most strong.
The silent are the most watchful.