Author Topic: Open Transport 1.3 in image files  (Read 2544 times)

Offline MichaelLAX

• Newcomer
Open Transport 1.3 in image files
« on: March 16, 2021, 02:03:02 AM »
Macintosh Garden and others do not have this software in any installable format. 

I need OT 1.3 in the 4 disk image files, so that I can make these diskettes and install it on my Mac SE/30.

Thank you.

Offline macarone

• Veteran Member
Re: Open Transport 1.3 in image files
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2021, 03:32:41 AM »
>I need OT 1.3 in the 4 disk image files, so that I can make these diskettes and install it on my Mac SE/30.

I found the attached. I'm unable to check or test it.

Hope it works and helps you.

Offline Bolkonskij

• Gold Member
    • Cornica.org
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2021, 10:02:34 AM »
1.3.1 is probably just the update, is it?

I don't know if you're the one who had trouble with 1.3 on the Mac Garden or not; I've replied you there. Make sure you unstuff them on your SE/30 - NOT on another machine. If you just copy over the images they may not work. I can confirm OT 1.3 from the Mac Garden working on my IIci I've set up last week. Unstuffed on the IIci, mounted the images with DiskCopy 6 and install went without a hick.
Reel changer over at cornica.org

Offline macarone

• Veteran Member
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2021, 11:53:41 AM »
>1.3.1 is probably just the update, is it?

The file I uploaded here did NOT come from Macintosh Garden, and it is a later COMPLETE version, and NOT an update.

I u/l'ed the RELEASE. with the ReadMe files. If you would d/l MY file and READ the  ReadMe, you would see that:

"Open Transport 1.3.1 fixes an installer script bug in the US English Open Transport 1.3 Installer that was released as part of Mac OS 8.1.  The installer script bug modified some of the files installed by Open Transport so that they were reported as corrupt or damaged when inspected by certain utility software even though they do function properly.  After running the Open Transport 1.3.1 Installer,  none of the files Open Transport installed will be reported as corrupt or damaged by utility software.

I admitted that it was unchecked and untested by me. At least I was trying to help rather than interfere and discourage.

Offline Bolkonskij

• Gold Member
    • Cornica.org
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2021, 09:23:54 AM »
Wow - thanks! I wasn't even aware of a stand-alone v 1.3.1, I've always only seen 1.3 + the 1.3.1 update. This is great!
Reel changer over at cornica.org

Offline macarone

• Veteran Member
« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2021, 05:16:15 AM »
>This is great!

Thanks for your confirmation. which is very appreciated.