Author Topic: Flickering iBook backlight. (Clamshell)  (Read 1431 times)

Offline ren0

• Newcomer
Flickering iBook backlight. (Clamshell)
« on: February 20, 2021, 01:26:34 PM »
Hi guys, hope you don't mind me posting here to ask for some advice.

I've been lovingly (or anally, depending on your point of view) trying to restore a tangerine iBook, the other day I disassembled the top half of the iBook with the intention to clean it out as there some marks inside showing through the translucent plastic.

One thing led to another and I decided to call it a day and reassemble it as one of the screws had been put in way too tight and I didn't want to risk stripping it or breaking the brittle plastic.

I reassembled it and everything seemed absolutely fine, until I noticed the day after the screen had a very subtle flicker to it which I hadn't noticed before, and then earlier today I noticed it's slightly more dramatic.

I'm a bit concerned as I love this laptop and I've recently sourced a non-cracked LCD bezel, but what's the point in having a non-cracked LCD bezel if somethings going wrong on it!  :(

Cheers for your time, I'm terrible at telling stories so I apologise if I've missed anything out or added extra details that aren't necessary.