Author Topic: Mac OS 9.2.2 Universal Install  (Read 2010 times)

Offline DCGeek

• Newcomer
Mac OS 9.2.2 Universal Install
« on: February 13, 2021, 08:29:41 AM »
I apologize if a new link has already been provided elsewhere, but the link to download the Mac OS 9.2.2 Universal Install - ISO CD Image on the "Mac OS 9.2.2 Universal Install - ISO CD Image" post isn't working. When I enter the password and choose download I get an error.

"The webpage at https://cache.os.cloudstorage.secureserver.net/obj/QzUyMkFFQTlGQTZBOEE1MDdENkY6YjgyYjVkODg5NTAyYzE2NDVmZjA3M2IwNmE1ZDMzNjI6MTYxMzIzMzcyMzpacTlFQXE5MnM0cUNSR1NobUpUY083emcxZlUlM0Q6Ok1hYyBPUyA5LjIuMiBVbml2ZXJzYWwgSW5zdGFsbC5pc28= might be temporarily down or it may have moved permanently to a new web address."

Is there a new link posted somewhere? I'd like to get os 9.2.2 running on my iBook G4.

Offline GaryN

• Platinum Member
Re: Mac OS 9.2.2 Universal Install
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2021, 02:55:19 PM »
This has been happening occasionally and I think it's due to encryption conflicts : Trying to keep the files accessible to earlier browsers as the newer ones pile more and more security barriers into the mix.

That said, I just now accessed that download from both Safari 14.0.3 and Firefox 85.0.2 without a problem.

Try again from a different browser and/or computer and see what happens.

Offline phyllisstein

• Newcomer
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2021, 07:30:05 AM »
I ran into this as well. SecureServer’s storage subdomain is using TLSv1, which is deprecated. Chrome 88 showed an unhelpful error message and Safari 14 silently blocked it. I found that Firefox Developer Edition (currently version 87) showed me an interstitial warning asking if I wanted to enable legacy TLS support. In Chrome or Edge, you can fix the error by navigating to
Code: [Select]
chrome://flags/#legacy-tls-enforced and flipping “Enforce deprecation of legacy TLS versions” to “Disabled.” (I.e., disable disabling them.)

Offline GaryN

• Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2021, 03:25:52 PM »
Interestingly, the latest Firefox 86.0 has no problem at all for me.

Offline FBz

• Platinum Member
  • Fury-Fungus FdB/FBz
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2021, 05:33:44 PM »

Some of us do use alternative Macs for surfin’ - downloads - etcetera…
(I know, utter blasphemy) and not all of us are “Release channel users”.
*It only allowed me to DL version *78.8. Thanks for the heads-up Gary.
Maybe others can also obtain v.86.0 …at a later date?

NO TRACKING! Sign me up.

*Logged in to Forum and went to downloads.
Double-clicked a file and I got the "TLS enable/disable" msg.
Made choice and file downloaded!
« Last Edit: February 28, 2021, 05:57:41 PM by FBz »