Author Topic: Problem with Extensis Suitcase and reinstalling Mac OS 9  (Read 1475 times)

Offline Ferkner

• Valued Member
Problem with Extensis Suitcase and reinstalling Mac OS 9
« on: February 09, 2021, 08:59:16 AM »
I am having another problem with my iMac G3. Extensis Suitcase gives an error and won't start: The Suitcase Client Engine cannot launch because an error occurred: PrivRetrieveRawItemData; font table".

I removed Suitcase and then reinstalled it but the problem is still there. DoubleTalk also gives me errors but I don't know how to get rid of that program. Since I have no personal files on this computer and got all my working documents and versions of QuarkXPress off of it, I figured the easiest thing to do would be to just reinstall the entire OS.

I downloaded MacOS 9 and 9.1 from Macintosh Garden, burned them to CDs and tried reinstalling on the iMac. Both versions give me the same error: "This program cannot run on your computer". I also can't boot from either disc even when I set them to the startup disk.

So, how do I fix the Suitcase problem, or how do I reinstall Mac OS 9? According to the machine specs, it's a 2001 release and should run Mac OS 9.1 up to 10.4.

Offline Ferkner

• Valued Member
Re: Problem with Extensis Suitcase and reinstalling Mac OS 9
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2021, 07:31:11 AM »
I somehow fixed the Suitcase problem and the problem of the Finder crashing and making the computer useless. I'd still like to be able to do a fresh install though to clear out any stuff that still lingers from me learning how to use OS 9.