Author Topic: Best HD for PT for QS and MDD  (Read 3016 times)

Offline w3sl33

• Enthusiast Member
Best HD for PT for QS and MDD
« on: December 31, 2020, 05:42:50 PM »
Now I use Cheetah SCSI but all the people seemed to have moved on to SATA and Firewire. Sometimes I get DAE read error that HD are not fast enough.
What is best Best HD for PT for QS and MDD? Mix+

Offline IIO

• Platinum Member
  • just a number
Re: Best HD for PT for QS and MDD
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2020, 05:46:40 PM »
original drive is very loud. PT4 only supprts 176 gb. so a 160gb IDE drive from around 2006 will be perfect.
insert arbitrary signature here

Offline w3sl33

• Enthusiast Member
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2021, 05:56:52 PM »
Thank you I will try that. A lot of people you external firewire drive enclosures but I don't know which one works with Os9.
Any recommendations?

Offline mrhappy

• Platinum Member
  • new to the forums
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2021, 09:52:22 PM »
Thank you I will try that. A lot of people you external firewire drive enclosures but I don't know which one works with Os9.
Any recommendations?

I'm mostly using drives from OWC... have a bunch of LaCie, Glyph and lately Guardian Maximus Minis that I Like.

Offline w3sl33

• Enthusiast Member
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2021, 07:38:16 PM »
I swapped the boot drive with ssd own. works great. got OWC and Avastor FW 400 externals cheap and seems very good.

miss the SCSI cheetah 10K though :-) they seem better but louder. Did make room for a new farm card though in place of the Atto card I pulled out....:)

Offline mrhappy

• Platinum Member
  • new to the forums
« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2021, 08:14:39 AM »
Still have a few scsi items on my G4 400mhz rig but doesn't get used that much these days. I work mainly with audio and don't even have a midi interface on my main rig. Using an expansion chassis with 7 mix cards and can do a reasonably large session before it starts to choke and I have have to jump through various hoops. ;D