Author Topic: 2 drive partitions on my Titanium  (Read 1410 times)

Offline greyrock747

• Newcomer
2 drive partitions on my Titanium
« on: November 30, 2020, 05:40:54 AM »
Hello group, going to re-image my Titanium's 60GB drive. I want to use two partitions, one with OSX (version to be deiced later) and the other partition having OS9.2.2. Will it go smoothly as far as partitioning and formatting goes? I plan to use the 9.2.2 ISO or general image posted here. Thanks

Offline pmj

• Enthusiast Member
Re: 2 drive partitions on my Titanium
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2021, 02:46:57 AM »
I've done this fairly recently on my G4 Powerbook Titanium and it was pretty straightforward.  I have the Tiger 10.4 installation DVD and a 9.2.2 disk image from the net (I forget where it came from to be honest, don't think it was here though...)

The only problem with mine was down to the disk drive being a bit cranky, it always works when the machine is first booted up but as the machine gets warm it seems to get less and less able to read disks.  I tend to boot things off USB sticks these days, seems to work better on this particular machine.

I booted, installed and partitioned using the Tiger disk and then installed OS9.2.2.  I have read it's better to do it the other way around, hopefully someone can chime in with the difference...

Works fine here.  I found running Norton Disk Utilities after the install on the OS9 partition helped quite a bit to speed the disks up as they seemed quite fragmented.

Offline pmj

• Enthusiast Member
Re: 2 drive partitions on my Titanium
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2021, 02:15:26 AM »