Author Topic: 2021 Almost Here ? Over 6500 Members and counting...  (Read 5896 times)

Offline DieHard

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum Member
2021 Almost Here ? Over 6500 Members and counting...
« on: November 01, 2020, 07:07:42 PM »
OK to all new members... Welcome :)

To all core members... Thanks for helping with all aspects of ancient hardware & software questions;
I hope you guys realize your solution posts have been read literally thousands, and some tens of thousands,
times and I am sure they have helped many.  So from the bottom of my cold, fat heart, thanks :)

I have been actually able to get here with a little more time lately and the original OS 9 Lives 1.33Ghz MDD is back up and running,
so this means a new resolve to get even more stuff in the download boards and do some house keeping.

It is amazing that people are still getting old macs to power up and find themselves arriving here.

Any Moderator reports for any non-working downloads are greatly appreciated.

Offline MacTron

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum Member
  • keep it simple
Re: 2021 Almost Here ? Over 6500 Members and counting...
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2020, 09:23:02 AM »
Wow! 6500 members!  :o :o :o
Who's were going to imagine this in those day when we were a couple of dozens!  ;D ;D ;D
We all are in great debt with you DieHard for keeping this great project alive, despite some hard moments we had lived ...
« Last Edit: November 02, 2020, 09:38:19 AM by MacTron »
Please don't PM about things that are not private.

Offline DieHard

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2020, 10:32:17 AM »
Wow! 6500 members!  :o :o :o
Who's were going to imagine this in those day when we were a couple of dozens!  ;D ;D ;D
We all are in great debt with you DieHard for keeping this great project alive, despite some hard moments we had lived ...

The debt is to Mactron and MARL labs, you are the humble Sensei, and I the student.  Thank you for the friendship and all the amazing work you have done.  Many new mac users have found what they needed thanks to you, ProTools5LEGuy, Gary, FdB, ELN, Daniel, Ross Darker, devils_advisor, IIO, Knezzen, Syntho, mrhappy, nanopico, Nova777, arjen_1, Jakl, Mat, MacOS Plus, Philgood, dr bu, macStuff, OS923, RTIInstaller, and many more that I forgot to mention

Offline Syntho

• Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2020, 05:38:54 PM »
My entire studio is based around the tech from yesteryear which we discuss here. What I do in its entirety literally wouldn’t be possible without this site. I hope we add another 6,500 members this coming year.

Online GaryN

• Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2020, 07:00:40 PM »
My entire studio is based around the tech from yesteryear which we discuss here. What I do in its entirety literally wouldn’t be possible without this site. I hope we add another 6,500 members this coming year.

I could have written that myself!
After looking at everything in mine (not counting a Roland/Boss RC-50 looper pedal because I've never recorded anything with it) my newest piece of studio gear is probably an Alesis 3630 limiter.

Offline Bolkonskij

• Gold Member
    • Cornica.org
« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2020, 04:24:25 AM »
It's amazing how OS9Lives has more and more become the gold standard on all things Mac OS9 on the net these days.

Thank you DieHard for starting and running the show. One cannot stress this enough. In today's internet, where everyone seems preoccupied on how he/she can squeeze a few bucks out of what he/she does - you're offering this community service for free. I raise my glass and salute you for that, sir! It is the true internet spirit, the idea of people exchanging information freely and unlimited.
Reel changer over at cornica.org

Offline Andre Solomko

• Enthusiast Member
  • new to the forums
« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2020, 01:52:38 PM »
We feel younger using those computers which were hot when we were young... Other thing we could not afford them when they were hot.,,,

Offline Architecture

• Enthusiast Member
  • SCSI Hardware Sampler Junkie
« Reply #7 on: July 07, 2021, 05:50:38 PM »
Glad to be a part of this ever growing OS9 movement. I too find older Mac stuff to be the best for interfacing with my collection of Akai samplers and vintage digital rack mount synths.

Turning my G4 QS into the heart of this studio.
PowerMac G4 MDD (1.25 Dual). 2GB Ram, GeForce Ti 4600 Mac. 3x RME Digiface paired to 2x Ferrofish A32s. Seritek 1SE2 external SATA setup.

PowerMac G4 2002 Quicksilver and Powerbook G3 for SCSI applications.

Offline coachla

• Veteran Member
« Reply #8 on: July 13, 2021, 12:49:33 AM »
Every day is the good old days when I boot my pile of hardware driven by MacOS9. Thank you Diehard!

Offline DieHard

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #9 on: July 13, 2021, 10:56:51 AM »
Every day is the good old days when I boot my pile of hardware driven by MacOS9. Thank you Diehard!

;D  Thank you... my thanks go to all our core members, like Mactron, ProTools5LEGuy, FBz, GarryN, and many more, that make this all possible

Offline Rosetta

• Valued Member
« Reply #10 on: July 13, 2021, 09:45:12 PM »
Glad to be a part of this ever growing OS9 movement. I too find older Mac stuff to be the best for interfacing with my collection of Akai samplers and vintage digital rack mount synths.

Turning my G4 QS into the heart of this studio.

Damn... Windows 7, retro!  ;)
Power Mac G4 MDD Dual 1.25 GHz / TASCAM FW-1804