Author Topic: Mapping Edirol PCR-M1 in Cubase  (Read 4007 times)

Offline uizin

Mapping Edirol PCR-M1 in Cubase
« on: October 31, 2020, 01:01:54 AM »
Hello guys, noob question...
I am taking my first steps in OS9 DAWs, trying to use some devices I have.

I managed to install an EDIROL UA-25 interface, and I am using it as the main cubase audio output.
I am also using a PCR-M1 connected with USB, and I can play and record in Cubase!

Now I have some troubles understanding how to map the PCR-M1 knobs and buttons to the Cubase controls.
I see that some knobs already work with VST plugins too, but many don't, and I would like to dig deeper to customize the mapping.

I explored the "Remote Setup" in Cubase menu, and I tested the Roland PCR mapping utility, but I am lost with midi codes and setups.

Where can I find some reference material, resources or files to understand everything a bit better?

Thank you for any info!

Offline IIO

• Platinum Member
  • just a number
Re: Mapping Edirol PCR-M1 in Cubase
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2020, 01:32:20 AM »
there are two ways how to connect a controller:

- select a track in the arrangement, then instruments and effects which can receive midi (most effects dont) on this track can be controlled directly

- create a "remote" setup (not sure about correct name, havent used it for ages.) it´ll open a small window where you have presets for "peavy", "HUI", "generic" or you can create your own settings to control things like fader, pan, solo, mute & co.
insert arbitrary signature here

Offline IIO

• Platinum Member
  • just a number
insert arbitrary signature here

Offline uizin

Re: Mapping Edirol PCR-M1 in Cubase
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2020, 09:32:23 AM »
Ok, thank you for the resource, I think I need to dig what each value refers to, and match the right parameters.
Fingers crossed!