Author Topic: Mac OS 9.2.2 worked successfully on my Al 17" 1.33ghz, but not radeon 9600.  (Read 2604 times)

Offline Rikintosh

• Valued Member
I managed to install and I'm using mac os 9.2.2 on my 1.33ghz 17 "powerbook. Sound is working, The big question is that the screen is small, and without any acceleration. Is there any way to make radeon 9600 work on os 9?

I didn't need to write a lot of stuff in the open firmware, I just saved the Mac OS 9 to G4 image not supported on a USB stick, put the USB stick in the powerbook, turned it on and pressed option, the Mac OS 9 volume appeared in the list, it started, I I did the recovery, when finished, I moved all items from the extensions folder to any other folder, when restarting, it worked without problems. I read somewhere that the trackpad may have problems, but I didn't notice any problems with mine. The sound worked automatically, I could hear the sounds of the system when a warning appeared on the screen about something related to USB (emitted the sound of a rubber duck)

Offline GaryN

• Platinum Member