Author Topic: Best AGP GPU with full support in Mac OS 9.2.2  (Read 2546 times)

Offline SCM404

• Newcomer
Best AGP GPU with full support in Mac OS 9.2.2
« on: September 24, 2020, 12:44:47 PM »
So today I got a Power Mac G4 MDD 2003 which is absolutely amazing since it's the best OS 9 capable machine out there and it has a single 1.25GHz CPU I'm going to upgrade to a dual 1.42GHz with a copper heatsink upgrade and a fan mod to give it extra airflow and of course some thermal grizzly kryonaut paste. But I've been wondering what the best GPU would be for this thing. Right now it has the stock Radeon Pro 9000 and I've found that the best official card would be the Nvidia GeForce4 Ti4600 Mac edition with 128MB but I've heard of someone installing a Radeon 9800 Pro (256mb I think?) and all the drivers worked perfectly under Mac OS 9 but still, is that the most powerful that OS 9 would support? I want to use this machine to play older games and compare it to my G5 quad with a Quadro FX 4500 in classic. So ultimately I want it to have 3d and 2d acceleration along with whatever else the original cards supported. I know I could go for a 7800 GS and boot into OS 9 but that wouldn't be that fast anyways.