Author Topic: Opening jpg files in SimpleText?  (Read 2333 times)

Offline Syntho

• Platinum Member
Opening jpg files in SimpleText?
« on: September 18, 2020, 06:16:54 PM »
I have only a few images here and there on my system, and the jpeg files I do have all open in photoshop. There have been some other images I’ve stumbled upon that open in simpletext so I’m wondering if simpletext could handle the bulk of my images. I’m guessing it would only support simple jpeg files and not much else though. I’m kinda tired of having photoshop, a bulky program, load the images when a simple, light viewer like simpletext is all I need.

Offline IIO

• Platinum Member
  • just a number
Re: Opening jpg files in SimpleText?
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2020, 07:26:20 PM »
there is simpleimage (or at leaast there was with OS8) but it has the disadvantage of having a strict size limit for documents, and if you hit the border it might just freeze the system.

otherwise you are supposed to use quicktimeplayer for that.

i hate both. my preview app is photoshop, too.
insert arbitrary signature here

Offline macarone

• Veteran Member
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2020, 05:48:24 AM »
GraphicConverter is still called "poor man's Photoshop", and while I don't like it for photo editing, it is quite good for viewing and converting graphics to alternate formats.

An OS 9 version is available. It is much smaller than Photoshop and opens very quickly.

Offline ovalking

• Gold Member
  • new to the forums
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2020, 12:07:47 PM »
I use GraphicConverter a lot, but for a quick look Shomi (shareware) does the job perfectly. Stick an alias on your desktop.