Author Topic: Digidesign Sound Designer II  (Read 24272 times)

Offline smilesdavis

• Platinum Member
Re: Digidesign Sound Designer II
« Reply #100 on: January 08, 2023, 03:10:35 PM »
ok i sourced and will get 4 nuverbs next week. for free. but it didnt happen until i have them in my hands, as always
« Last Edit: January 09, 2023, 02:10:07 AM by smilesdavis »
Looking for: Steinberg Cubase MAC Standard/Score v1-5 & Cubase Audio v1, Cubase Audio v2 for, Cubase Audio v3 for DAE/TDM => complete or in parts

Offline IIO

• Platinum Member
  • just a number
« Reply #101 on: January 09, 2023, 05:09:04 AM »
it is totally legit to collect digidesign soundtools cards with original software in sealed boxes, but one issue remains with this kind of stuff: it won´t run in OS9.

while some people here are only interested in the latest version of everything and bringing OS9 to the future (SATA 300 cards, silent fans, mac mini OS, replacement PSUs, knez´s torrent and jabber apps, making collections complete, making a PPC version of simpletext :P :P, latest photoshop and latest PT...) - others look at the PPC and go back to OS7 systems.

which raises the question if there is interest to bring older apps, which dont work there yet, to MacOS9 by modifiying and updating them.
insert arbitrary signature here

Offline smilesdavis

• Platinum Member
« Reply #102 on: January 09, 2023, 05:33:27 AM »
it is totally legit to collect digidesign soundtools cards with original software in sealed boxes, but one issue remains with this kind of stuff: it won´t run in OS9.

while some people here are only interested in the latest version of everything and bringing OS9 to the future (SATA 300 cards, silent fans, mac mini OS, replacement PSUs, knez´s torrent and jabber apps, making collections complete, making a PPC version of simpletext :P :P, latest photoshop and latest PT...) - others look at the PPC and go back to OS7 systems.

which raises the question if there is interest to bring older apps, which dont work there yet, to MacOS9 by modifiying and updating them.

since bolle told me the second wave nubus to pci xpanses contain unobtanium cant cant be copied (the easiest way - plug it into a g4) we are also hunting for at least g3 firmware of those, its out there, people are slow to dump it (waiting game). for now the only way is upgrading those old nubus rigs with sonnet and newer and try to get it to run os9. there is a modified "Nubus Care Package" that was floating around in '99 which brought a pro tools iii nubus rig to Pro Tools 5.0.1, combined with a sonnet upgrade this means os 9 :D thats what im after atm.

Special Notes for OS 9 users:

Pro Tools 5.0 or higher and DAE/DSI 5.0 or higher are required with Mac OS 9.0 or higher.
The Digidesign Control Panel requires OS 9.0 or higher
When using Digidesign Control Panel, turn off Platinum Sounds in the Appearance Control Panel
Firmware v1.1 required for Blue & White G3 computers running OS 9.0 or higher. Available from Apple at: http://www.info.apple.com/kbnum/n58374

so the goal is hacking (or better finding the "NuBus Care Package") the DAE/DSI v3.4.2 to run PT5.0.1 off a PTIII nubus rig then run it on...
Pro Tools 5.0.1 and Pro Tools FREE will only work with Mac OS v8.6 & v9.x
http://archive.digidesign.com/compato/os9/sw/macos501.html

it is common knowledge that digidesign did not test half the combinations that were possible and wanted people to upgrade
« Last Edit: January 09, 2023, 05:46:29 AM by smilesdavis »
Looking for: Steinberg Cubase MAC Standard/Score v1-5 & Cubase Audio v1, Cubase Audio v2 for, Cubase Audio v3 for DAE/TDM => complete or in parts

Offline smilesdavis

• Platinum Member
« Reply #103 on: January 12, 2023, 12:07:55 PM »
please?

flux of 2.8 & 2.8.2 update attached, cant find 2.8.3 update
looking for flux of 2.6 (ships with DSI 2.4) (Aug 26, 1993) - last version with sampler support menus (for individual samplers))

Offline smilesdavis

• Platinum Member
« Reply #104 on: January 14, 2023, 05:47:29 PM »
i´ve made a screenshot of my archives long ago after your PM but i have yet to copy the files off the CDs.

as far i would answer this question there is nothing for SDII which would not also exist for later platforms.

please copy those files for us

Offline smilesdavis

• Platinum Member
« Reply #105 on: August 01, 2023, 08:32:11 PM »
still hoping this gets posted eventually or PMd

my 8100 is 500mhz G3 atm, still looking for the G4 500mhz sonnet card

Offline ivanshpak

• Enthusiast Member
« Reply #106 on: September 23, 2023, 03:23:17 PM »
still hoping this gets posted eventually or PMd

my 8100 is 500mhz G3 atm, still looking for the G4 500mhz sonnet card

I'm really looking forward to it too

And by the way, Sound Designer ii does not work with the Sonnet CPU upgrade

Online ssp3

• Platinum Member
« Reply #107 on: September 24, 2023, 04:04:41 AM »
Both of you, guys, won't get very far with this, if you don't keep your own promises. You know what I'm talking about  ;)
If you're not part of the solution, you're part of the problem.