Author Topic: Advice requested on hardware for using midi modules with mixing and recording  (Read 4192 times)

Offline amadama

• Newcomer
Hi guys,
I've been scouring the forum posts on hardware and still not sure what I need to get.
I need some advice on what hardware I might need to achieve my goal.
My goal is to connect various old midi modules (MT-32, MT-100, Yamaha, Edirol, etc...), control the routing so that only one or two are playing at a time (but from the same source), mix in and record the audio.
I have an Opcode studio 64XTC and studio 4, an old Radio shack mixer, a Powermac G4 (MDD and others) and a $10 USB audio stick.
I have a Keyspan USB adapter for the Opcode on its way. What else might I need? That USB audio stick only has mono input and the old Radio Shack mixer is falling apart (broken knobs, sliders, etc...)
This is a pretty basic setup but as I get older I find it harder to figure these things out.
Thanks!

Offline teroyk

• Platinum Member
  • -
I have an Opcode studio 64XTC and studio 4, an old Radio shack mixer, a Powermac G4 (MDD and others) and a $10 USB audio stick.

Replace that USB Audio stick with PCI or Firewire audio device. Because some USB sticks aren't good for serios use at all.

Offline amadama

• Newcomer
Thanks, yes I need to replace the USB audio capture and the mixer.
Any suggestions? I'm thinking of one of the M-audio devices but would love to have some more mixing capabilities.

Offline teroyk

• Platinum Member
  • -
Thanks, yes I need to replace the USB audio capture and the mixer.
Any suggestions? I'm thinking of one of the M-audio devices but would love to have some more mixing capabilities.

I don't want give brand suggestions, but I can give hint that if it has digitalaudio connectors it can be good, because you can put it separate analog to digital convertes.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2020, 12:44:54 AM by teroyk »