Author Topic: The Last Version of Opcode Galaxy+Editors, Key Floppy Disc Died  (Read 3207 times)

Offline Sabba Sax

• Newcomer
Thanks for replying to me on This Forum
It’s very important for me, to resume, using my fully paid for, latest possible version, of Opcode Galaxy Plus Editors. Tragically, soon after Opcode was sold to Gibson, it was then, abandoned by Gibson, my Key Floppy Disk, while I closely guarded it, stopped working.  I still have the master key floppy, to each and every version which preceded the last version, BUT, since I saved my entire library of sounds, in the latest version, . . without re-entering the latest version, I cannot access my old library.  In retirement, this matters to me ever so much.  Over these many years, I heard-tell, that the authority to grant official users, access via correct challenge answers, to the key disc system, is out there, resident with someone, who is no-doubt, on “OS-9 Lives”.  My copies of the software, are completely legit, & paid for, in full, so, I have nothing to be ashamed of in trying to have the program launch, on my perfect conditioned PowerMac, running OS 9.2.2, just as it was, in the ‘90’s.
For any other Editor Librarian enthusiasts, who may tend to know:
I have always been a MOTU Digital Performer User, since 1986.  In a effort to integrate my Library of sounds, with DP, within the same family of programs, I have a copy of my Library, within “Unisyn”.  Anyone who can advise on utilizing Unisyn, after MOTU’s years, of non-support, . . . I’m all ears.  Liberating my Galaxy, and Libraries, would so let projects I have in mind, go forward, like no other program could.
Thanks so much for reading all this!
Sabba Sax
:-X
Retired, Professor of Saxophone
The University of Memphis, TN

Offline GaryN

• Platinum Member
Re: The Last Version of Opcode Galaxy+Editors, Key Floppy Disc Died
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2020, 02:48:20 PM »
Thanks for replying to me on This Forum
It’s very important for me, to resume, using my fully paid for, latest possible version, of Opcode Galaxy Plus Editors. Tragically, soon after Opcode was sold to Gibson, it was then, abandoned by Gibson, my Key Floppy Disk, while I closely guarded it, stopped working.  I still have the master key floppy, to each and every version which preceded the last version, BUT, since I saved my entire library of sounds, in the latest version, . . without re-entering the latest version, I cannot access my old library.  In retirement, this matters to me ever so much.  Over these many years, I heard-tell, that the authority to grant official users, access via correct challenge answers, to the key disc system, is out there, resident with someone, who is no-doubt, on “OS-9 Lives”.  My copies of the software, are completely legit, & paid for, in full, so, I have nothing to be ashamed of in trying to have the program launch, on my perfect conditioned PowerMac, running OS 9.2.2, just as it was, in the ‘90’s.
For any other Editor Librarian enthusiasts, who may tend to know:
I have always been a MOTU Digital Performer User, since 1986.  In a effort to integrate my Library of sounds, with DP, within the same family of programs, I have a copy of my Library, within “Unisyn”.  Anyone who can advise on utilizing Unisyn, after MOTU’s years, of non-support, . . . I’m all ears.  Liberating my Galaxy, and Libraries, would so let projects I have in mind, go forward, like no other program could.
Thanks so much for reading all this!
Sabba Sax
:-X

Well Sabba, this is going to be one of your good days.
Both StudioVision Pro and Galaxy+Editors were "liberated" after the Gibson debacle when everything went South by an unknown hero on the inside.

There was an upload of Galaxy+ here until a… lets's just call it an "accident" caused it's loss. I will see that is it replaced in the downloads.

Meanwhile, I've uploaded it to my Mediafire account HERE: https://www.mediafire.com/folder/p6m4wu6w9zsxk/Galaxy

If you need any other obscure Opcode docs etc. give me a holler. I most likely have them.