Author Topic: CPU Overload  (Read 6008 times)

Offline IIO

• Platinum Member
  • just a number
Re: CPU Overload
« Reply #20 on: June 19, 2020, 11:40:21 AM »
Now, the drummer wants to play his drums…

yeah, i understand that part... but now the band sounds on the album completely different from what they sound on the stage.

Technology is now at the point where we can and do a lot of stuff to the recordings in a quest for the best possible result.

well, now, maybe. :) but 1995 drumreplacer, 16 bit, audiosuite? no custom fine tuning using filters at the key input? :)

Using digital tech to virtually bring a fantastic piano or drumkit into the studio to sound a great performance with is hardly the same thing.

i dont think its the same thing. using a midi controller to play piano sounds is more like using midi drum triggers to play drum samples.

but wait when melodyne 7 comes out, then we can do "piano replacing", too, completely without midi controllers.

watch?v=bAJ1WTGNISk
insert arbitrary signature here

Offline GaryN

• Platinum Member
« Reply #21 on: June 19, 2020, 03:35:36 PM »
Sorry 110… for once, I'm NOT going down that endless road with you where you just go on and on taking contrary positions for the f**k of it.

You're right. Everybody who has ever used Drum Replacer is wrong.

Offline Syntho

• Platinum Member
« Reply #22 on: June 20, 2020, 07:12:44 AM »
but now the band sounds on the album completely different from what they sound on the stage.

That's exactly why people used Ddrum triggers on stage, or sometimes just used the audio from a mic to trigger a sample from a sound module. That way the live sound engineer could mute the kick/snare/whatever drum from the mic and have an alternate sound coming into the board from a module. 'Cheating' and not natural at all, sure, but so is using a digital or even physical plate reverb to fake a sense of space.