Author Topic: Cabs in the Key of C Note  (Read 3377 times)

Offline FBz

• Platinum Member
  • Fury-Fungus FdB/FBz
Cabs in the Key of C Note
« on: June 04, 2020, 04:45:15 PM »
Soooo I was building a cabinet for a 15” speaker and I needed some hardware…
spring-loaded flight case handles (it’s a beast) casters, grille cloth etc.
and I checked on Craigslist after pricing the individual bits elsewhere…

WARNING: STAY OUT OF BARNS, GARAGES WITH CHICKENS… AND OTHER OUT BUILDINGS WHERE OLD THINGS ARE STORED!

Similar to the truck load of old G4’s that came home with me a couple of years ago… all of these came home with me last week. I’ve been blowing-out and cleaning since then.

The Kustoms are completely disassembled and awaiting new grille fabric. The Carvins are thoroughly cleaned but so far untested. And the small ASI floor monitor has a new 8Ω Fender / Eminence 12” speaker installed and has been completely pretty-fied. The three home-made cabs have been gutted and their speakers & parts robbed. The Sunn model 1275 monitor needs a bit more of recessed routing to accomodate a new 15” Eminence speaker. (Just off by a little.)

All this just after picking up and detailing the last amp of the Peavey Solo Series Bandits set (a Bandit 65). Have added speaker-out jacks to all four of the Peavey’s here so they can now patch into extension cabs. (The portable Dwarf amps sound pretty good with the 12” ASI - but just a tad on the weak side with a 15”.)

Still working on that one very hard-headed (germanium-transistor based) Pignose amp before completion of that series. (*It’s now working at near half-volume max and I’ve yet to surrender!)

Yes. Never anything to do ‘round here. ???

Offline IIO

• Platinum Member
  • just a number
Re: Cabs in the Key of C Note
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2020, 07:17:52 PM »
one day he comes home with a delorean gullwig from such a garage - or married - we should better lock him in.
insert arbitrary signature here

Offline FBz

• Platinum Member
  • Fury-Fungus FdB/FBz
Re: Cabs in the Key of C Note
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2020, 02:09:07 PM »
“Two out of three?”
There once was a quite attractive young lady with a DeLorean gull-wing from down Miami-way… and yet tempted as I might have been (close but no cigar) -  it’s more “Diamonds-In-The-Rough” for me.

Salute!

Only looking for one-out-of-three, here…

Now, if I should happen upon an old Indian Scout motorcycle,
in a barn or chicken coop somewhere,
or a Porsche 356 SC… it’s ON! ;)