Author Topic: Arboretum Hyperprism VSTs not working....just feedback  (Read 4786 times)

Offline simondo3

• Valued Member
  • OS9KA
Arboretum Hyperprism VSTs not working....just feedback
« on: June 03, 2020, 08:42:43 AM »
Well hello fello OS9ers,

I've been a member for years but I think this is actually my first post. Hope you are all keeping well.
I'm reviving my G4 DAW rig

my problem:

So can't seem to get these Arboretum Hyperprism VST plugins to work in Logic 6.4.3 on 9.2.2

They just give me a kind of feedback not related to what is going through it.

Must be missing an essential file or maybe I need some other files to make them work

Any ideas anyone?
Simon

Offline simondo3

• Valued Member
  • OS9KA
Re: Arboretum Hyperprism VSTs not working....just feedback
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2020, 10:28:51 AM »
Thought I meet need Cycling74 pluggo installed, so did that no joy. Been doing a bit of reading. Maybe I need to install the HyperEngine? Gonna try that next

Offline simondo3

• Valued Member
  • OS9KA
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2020, 10:50:23 AM »
That didn't work either  :-\

Does anybody know if there are any particular extensions that would stop these plugs from working?

Offline IIO

• Platinum Member
  • just a number
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2020, 02:20:30 AM »
i dont know the files from this site but i am pretty sure that the HY´s should work in logic and do not require anything special only found in original installers. havent seens any incompatibilities either.

what´s up with pluggo? i can assist there. eventually try to turn dual processing off in host programs which support that.
insert arbitrary signature here

Offline simondo3

• Valued Member
  • OS9KA
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2020, 09:52:52 AM »
Thanks IIO yeah got pluggo working ok thought I meet that installed for H-VST to work

I have a few different versions of Hyperprism H-VST but all give the same feedback sound. My TDM ones work great but the VSTs just feedback. Must be an extension so gonna try and sift through extensions to see if I can find the culprit

Offline smilesdavis

• Platinum Member
« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2022, 10:53:11 AM »
Thanks IIO yeah got pluggo working ok thought I meet that installed for H-VST to work

I have a few different versions of Hyperprism H-VST but all give the same feedback sound. My TDM ones work great but the VSTs just feedback. Must be an extension so gonna try and sift through extensions to see if I can find the culprit

kinda scared because i was hoping for the vst ones to work on my 2 g4 rigs i just ordered.

anyone got the vsts working?
Looking for: Steinberg Cubase MAC Standard/Score v1-5 & Cubase Audio v1, Cubase Audio v2 for, Cubase Audio v3 for DAE/TDM => complete or in parts

Offline IIO

• Platinum Member
  • just a number
« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2022, 11:20:15 AM »
they should work in cubase, but if they do not work in your host, you have not missed much.

Offline smilesdavis

• Platinum Member
« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2022, 12:23:47 PM »
theres some sound designers who beg to differ
theres also some mixers who beg to differ

anyone got this working in logic?
Looking for: Steinberg Cubase MAC Standard/Score v1-5 & Cubase Audio v1, Cubase Audio v2 for, Cubase Audio v3 for DAE/TDM => complete or in parts

Offline hoovers@dawn

• Enthusiast Member
« Reply #8 on: November 18, 2022, 11:59:35 PM »
read 2400 times  8)

forget about the ring modulator... it appears to have a mind of its own, but the low pass & high pass work "ok" not great if you tweak manually/live but a bit buggy with automation etc you can work around it a little by using the controls instead of gui interface to kick in the automation (or wake it up)... but they are bit faulty.

I have found alot of the earlier vst stuff for cubase will not even load/work in logic 6.4.3..

G4 MDD dual 1.25ghz magma7 TDM rack mix++++++ 3x888/24, running Os9.22 Emagic  “Logic Pro 6.5.0 developer release”.... Sounddiver 3 & plenty of outboard hardware.....

Offline smilesdavis

• Platinum Member
« Reply #9 on: November 19, 2022, 12:50:06 AM »
i went the Original route, not for vst though, for tdm ppc and hyperengine

Offline IIO

• Platinum Member
  • just a number
« Reply #10 on: November 19, 2022, 09:07:45 AM »
I have found alot of the earlier vst stuff for cubase will not even load/work in logic 6.4.3..

exactly.