Author Topic: Help with a Daynaport E/Z  (Read 1565 times)

Offline Bolkonskij

• Gold Member
    • Cornica.org
Help with a Daynaport E/Z
« on: June 03, 2020, 03:14:04 AM »
Hey everyone,

not a OS9 question, but then many of ya'll did start with some earlier Mac OS version too, so I'm trying my luck.

Due to lucky circumstances I recently got my hands on a Daynaport E/Z. I had not seen any of these before, so I'm not exactly sure WHAT it is. It seems like an Ethernet Bridge. You'd connect it with the serial port of an older Macintosh and plug in a modern RJ-45 ethernet cable in the adapter on the back.

I got the respective driver for the beast on a floppy disk and since uploaded it to the Macintosh Garden in case anyone else should ever need it.

Lights come on when plugging it in and it seems to work fine. I did not get any documentation with it and a quick Google search didn't report much info. Apparently Dayna was bought up before making it to the www. So I'm not even sure if my assumption about it being an Ethernet bridge (see above) is correct.

Does anyone know where to get a manual?
Or did someone use a Daynaport E/Z one back in the day and could help me in my endeavor to set it up on my Macintosh LC?
Reel changer over at cornica.org

Offline teroyk

• Platinum Member
  • -
Re: Help with a Daynaport E/Z
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2020, 10:36:47 AM »
Lights come on when plugging it in and it seems to work fine. I did not get any documentation with it and a quick Google search didn't report much info. Apparently Dayna was bought up before making it to the www. So I'm not even sure if my assumption about it being an Ethernet bridge (see above) is correct.

Using better search engine I found this from first link:
"Dayna DaynaPORT E/Z Appletalk printer to Ethernet adapter. Has miniDIN8 connector for Appletalk to Ethernet connectors; BNC, RJ45 and DB-15 connectors for network.  A/C supply, 12V 800ma, center positive connector."
So your question was actually Mac OS 9 question, with that device you can connect your Appletalk printer to G4 Macs.