Author Topic: Revising plugins for QuickTime and Sherlock 2  (Read 3040 times)

Offline Roman323

• Enthusiast Member
Revising plugins for QuickTime and Sherlock 2
« on: May 04, 2020, 10:10:48 AM »
Hello, I have a PB G3 Pismo(upgraded to G4 550) and wanted to know if there exists a file somewhere which controls the plugins for Sherlock 2, and if so, can these be edited to add modern web links ? I may setup a server through my Mac Pro to host these. Finally, when loading QuickTime, the channels don’t appear and it asks me to connect to the internet which I am using direct Ethernet to connect. I can provide a screen shot to show what I mean if need be.

I was surprised that “eBay” plugin under Sherlock 2 did not work and kept giving me an error. If Sherlocks plugins are a text file somewhere, and if I provide updated URLs, will it work ? I use OS 9 for everyday tasks such as word processing and old retro gaming and when possible, internet browsing(limited).

Thanks

Offline Bolkonskij

• Gold Member
    • Cornica.org
Re: Revising plugins for QuickTime and Sherlock 2
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2020, 05:23:28 AM »
Roman,

you can find Apple's guide to building Sherlock plugins here. That will hopefully help you in your endeavor. Let us know if you manged to succeeded!  (+1  from me  if you manage to write a Plugin that searches the Macintosh Garden ;-) ) Zhelaiu udachi :)
« Last Edit: May 05, 2020, 05:51:17 AM by Bolkonskij »
Reel changer over at cornica.org

Offline Roman323

• Enthusiast Member
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2020, 11:02:43 AM »
Roman,

you can find Apple's guide to building Sherlock plugins here. That will hopefully help you in your endeavor. Let us know if you manged to succeeded!  (+1  from me  if you manage to write a Plugin that searches the Macintosh Garden ;-) ) Zhelaiu udachi :)

Thank you. I need to brush up on my HTML skills, however why is it that when I try to access eBay plugin I get an error stating I am not connected to the internet or no connection when I am, through Ethernet ? The same goes for loading up QuickTime - none of the channels load up - in fact, nothing comes up. You know when you launch QuickTime and a bunch of info comes up ? That too isn’t working, again stating it can’t find a connection to the internet when there already is, through Ethernet. I checked tcp/ip settings and it reports I am connected.

Offline IIO

• Platinum Member
  • just a number
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2020, 11:34:06 PM »
i guess your "quicktime channels" dont load up because they do not exist anymore (since 2004 or so)

and before you ask: AOL recently also stopped offering BTX dial-in.
insert arbitrary signature here

Offline Roman323

• Enthusiast Member
« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2020, 11:37:36 PM »
i guess your "quicktime channels" dont load up because they do not exist anymore (since 2004 or so)

and before you ask: AOL recently also stopped offering BTX dial-in.

So, is QuickTime 6 still able to work ?

Offline IIO

• Platinum Member
  • just a number
« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2020, 11:55:28 PM »
mine works fine. yours doesnt?
insert arbitrary signature here