Author Topic: anyone have a dead / unused 12" powerbook battery that needs a home?  (Read 2546 times)

Offline part12studios

• Gold Member
  • new to the forums
Hi everyone, I have three working G4 12" powerbooks i've managed to collect (the first one was free, just like a drug dealer, this is how i ended up with three reel to reels too..) 

These are very particular as far as I can tell.  15" batteries don't work with it.  close, but not the same.  Thanks Apple. 

The sad thing is that one of them is missing a battery.  I'm interested in restoring one of them which is present but 100% dead.. the other holds a decent charge (an hour or so).  these are ridiculously expensive ($200) to buy on ebay and even if i can't restore i'd love to just fill that gap in the bottom with something besides air. 

Considered carving some kind of foam thing, but just nicer to be the real deal.  Willing to paying something for it, just something reasonable. 

Someone is selling a lot of batteries i could use and i found a tutorial on how to open up a battery and replace the cells so it's on my list of projects i'd like to try out. 

Maybe something to trade for it?  Open to whatever seems fair.