Author Topic: Dsp cards, Sample Cell 2 PCI, PTHD set up, 5 G4s, 1 G5  (Read 2859 times)

Offline Inky78

• Newcomer
Dsp cards, Sample Cell 2 PCI, PTHD set up, 5 G4s, 1 G5
« on: February 16, 2020, 08:04:12 AM »
I was going to set up one of the G4 (dual 1.25 MDD)  with two powercore cards and. Sample Cell 2 PCI, but I put the powercore cards in the G5fx 1.8.  One of the G4’s (another dual 1.25) is   One of  the PTHD  systems.  While a the other PT cards are for  my in  to el based pros.   And there’s the g4 /500 g4 sawtooth  being tricked out for audio/synthesis/sampling.    Complicated? Maybe; there’s some sound reasoning for it.    I apologize for any typos,  my left hand is out of commish.     Thank you in advance.   

Offline mrhappy

• Platinum Member
  • new to the forums
Re: Dsp cards, Sample Cell 2 PCI, PTHD set up, 5 G4s, 1 G5
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2020, 08:41:50 AM »
Hopefully someone here will be able to decode that and figure out what the question is... unfortunately I'm of no help at this time. Does anyone here speak 'Right Hand' ?? ;D

Offline Inky78

• Newcomer
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2020, 01:06:36 PM »
My Apologies.   My typing has always been atrocious. What I am asking essentially. is which Mac would be better suited for  Sample Cell 2 pic card, combined with the the two TC powercore cards?  Ive read conflicting information on OS compatibility regarding the SampleCell.   

Offline IIO

• Platinum Member
  • just a number
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2020, 01:35:45 PM »
this is the OS9 help forum, so the G5 ist out.

you want to do audio, so i would recommend the fastest of the G4s.

there is one thing which speaks against the dual 1.25: the powercore is not compatible with the "advanced dual processor mode" in cubase and nuendo.

insert arbitrary signature here

Offline coachla

• Veteran Member
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2020, 10:04:25 PM »
Dual MDD 1.25 G4 with 9.2.2 here. Multiple  Samplecell and Samplecell ll cards running 10-15 years flawlessly with either version 2 or 3 software. Awesome performance. Runs along side an Oasys PCI and a an SXPro. Certain NVidea and ATI AGP cards can fail to load video when multiple PCI slots are used. Found this happening first in two 867's with Nvideas and later in a 1.25 with an ATI. Does not cause problems with the ATI I am using now.