Author Topic: Anyone know if we have any early OSX (Tiger) DAW software around? M-Audio  (Read 1785 times)

Offline part12studios

• Gold Member (200+ Posts)
  • new to the forums
Hi there, I was looking to do dual boot and I have a FW interface that unfortunately doesn't go far enough back to support OS9 but it will work under Tiger.  So I got to thinking about exploring early OSX DAW options and just wondered if anyone else out there might know of any resources for that.  Not trying to run the latest / greatest.. looking for the old and outdated.. but something that might work with the Interface I have. 

I'm afraid virtually all of the legit OSX software I have now that's modern is Intel only. 

Offline Philgood

• Gold Member (200+ Posts)
Re: Anyone know if we have any early OSX (Tiger) DAW software around? M-Audio
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2020, 07:27:33 AM »
I use Cubase 4 for that but I think any big Player DAW has once worked under Tiger. What interface do you have ?
*G4 MDD 1.25GHz (Single 2003)* with 2x 80Gb harddrives, 1Gb RAM, Tascam US-428 and Edirol FA-101 USB/Firewire soundcards-*iMac G3 DV 400MHz* with installs from OS 8.6-OSX Tiger on different harddrives-*Powerbook G4 1.67Ghz* with new SSD ! Love it.

Offline dozuki

« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2020, 07:44:48 PM »
Used to use this back in the day on my G4 iMac:

https://macintoshgarden.org/apps/cubase-le-108104-os-x-ppc

I'm sure there are a bunch of others, a little digginh should turn up whatever you want.

Offline d97

• Valued Member (10+ Posts)
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2020, 07:54:39 AM »
One of the logics (7 express or 8 pro / express) should work.  I canít remember which one, though.  They are both serial-able.  All I know is that my pro 6.4.3 has the metronome crash but on tiger so I would think that 7 express should work.